Chapter Seven

————

A dinner and proposition from the king makes you let your guard down, just a little. Your job seems simple enough in exchange for his help.

————

"I don't know, Jimin. I don't understand why you can't be there with me." You sighed as Jimin dressed you. You held your arms out for him to adjust the fabrics and secure them into place with the ribbons and pins. You sat down for him to do your hair.

"It's best not to question jeonha, (y/n) nim." Jimin cautioned.

"The royal system was removed from my society long ago. Now we have democracy and free speech." You shrugged. Jimin hummed as he secured the flower pins onto your hair. After that, he put shoes on your feet.

"Alright, let's go." Jimin placed his hands on your shoulders and helped you stand up.

"Ugh, I'm gonna be sick." You shook your head.

"It will be okay, (y/n) nim. From the concubines, I hear that jeonha can be rather... patient. As long as he is not angered." Jimin chuckled.

"That's because they allow his advances on them. He sees me and we're water and oil. If he dares to do something to me, I won't hesitate to put him in his place, king or not." You growled.

"I will be waiting outside, don't worry." Jimin patted your hands. You walked together, this time remembering where the dining room was and not having to follow Jimin like a lost puppy. As you got closer, more dread filled you. Jungkook was waiting at the doorway for you. He put a hand out to stop Jimin from walking closer.

"Hey, Kooks." You greeted.

"My name isn't Kooks. Besides, you're late." Jungkook hissed. You turned to see Jimin do a deep bow of apology.

"Hey, don't blame him. Your advisor Namjoon didn't tell us what time to come. He just said dinner. And I'm not psychic where I can tell when your precious king is coming." You glared.

"Jeonha says to come in." Seokjin poked his head out.

"Good luck." Jimin whispered as he waved then bowed. You forced a smile and headed into the room. Yoongi was already sitting there.

"You're finally here." He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." You hummed and sat down at the space where you sat previously. He waved his hand and Hoseok poured what you could only suspect was liquor into a tiny cup, one for Yoongi and one for you.

"You may all leave." He waved his hand for Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin and Jungkook to leave the room. They bowed their heads respectfully and shuffled out, Jungkook closing the door behind him. Your eyes widened slightly, palms suddenly sweaty.

"Do I make you nervous?" Yoongi chuckled. You rolled your eyes, already annoyed with him.

"No." You started eating, taking a sip of the liquor. It was strong but you had grown accustomed to drinking whiskey, which was also strong, because of Yoongi's love for it.

"So, what's so secretive about this dinner? That Jimin couldn't come with me?" You asked him.

"You really like that servant, don't you? It's absolutely preposterous that you give more respect to a servant than you do to the king." Yoongi scoffed.

"Well, he deserves my respect for treating me with kindness and patience. I don't know what you have done for me to respect you." You shrugged. Yoongi sent you an amused smile, hearing your words.

"I let you stay here at no cost."

"Wow, charitable." You said sarcastically. Since there was no one serving you food like Jimin and Hoseok did the other night, you had to serve yourself, which you were perfectly fine with. You took the piece of marinated beef rib, tearing the meat off the bone. Habitually, you put the bone aside, taking the meat with the intention of putting it on his plate.