Chapter Nineteen

————

Chapter warning(s): Yoongi gets insecure and doesn't love himself.

Hearing that Yoongi got hurt made your heart drop and your stomach sink. But for him, all he wanted to do was hold you and let you comfort him.

————

"Take me to him. Now." You frowned. Seokjin nodded and hurried you over. Taehyung and Jimin were not too far behind, Hoseok rushing forward to attend to his master.

"How hurt is he?" You panicked.

"He was slashed. The royal physician is with him now." Jungkook said as you arrived outside Yoongi's room. Mirae and Mrs Lee were there as well. Both of them reluctantly bowed to you but as they straightened, they shot you dirty looks. You didn't really care much about them and their opinions.

"How could this happen?" Tears welled up in your eyes. Jimin held your hand to comfort you silently.

"Please don't cry, (y/n) nim." He patted your hand.

"There was an ambush attack by some sea pirates. We managed to hold most of them off but one slipped through and hurt jeonha while he was distracted." Seokjin said.

"But we killed them all before getting jeonha back here." Jungkook informed.

"Oh god..." You were actually worried about Yoongi dying. Your heart pounded in your chest and it made your stomach churn uncomfortably.

"Get out! Get out!" You heard shouting from inside, followed by a pained scream. Your heart dropped, at least Yoongi was alive but what was happening in there? The royal physician ran out the door, his body shaking and his face stricken with fear. All of you, including Mirae and Mrs Lee, were to enter but Yoongi's voice sounded.

"No one is allowed to enter!"

"But jeonha-"

"I'll kill you if you dare." Yoongi threatened, cutting Mirae off. Mirae held onto Mrs Lee. You gulped, should you even ask or speak? You didn't want to face Yoongi's wrath.

"Y-Yoongi? It's me." You daringly spoke. Mrs Lee scoffed at your audacity while Mirae smirked, knowing Yoongi was going to punish you. But there was no reply from the inside. You turned to look at Namjoon.

"A-Are you alright?" You asked timidly. What kind of question was that? You didn't want to ask if you could enter because he basically said he didn't want anyone entering and you respected that. Yoongi had promised you that he would never hurt you. You trusted him.

"Hoseok, bring her in. Jungkook and Seokjin, stand guard." Yoongi's voice sounded. Hoseok held your hand and led you in.

"But-"

"The king's orders are final." Namjoon held a hand out to Mirae. Seokjin and Jungkook stood guard. You gulped as you entered with Hoseok. The room was dimly lit but you could clearly see Yoongi on the bed.

"Hoseok, leave." Yoongi said only after a few steps in.

"Yes, jeonha." Hoseok bowed, even if Yoongi couldn't see him, and scurried out of there. He closed the door behind him, leaving you and Yoongi alone.

"You can come closer. You know I will never hurt you, (y/n)." Yoongi beckoned. His tone was so soft, nothing like what you heard directed at Mirae and the physician earlier. You slowly shuffled over.

"Stay there." Yoongi whispered before you could approach the bed.

"Yoongi, please let me see you. I just want to know that you're okay. I need to see it for myself. Please." You didn't know why you were crying or why your voice sounded so desperate and broken. In the dark, you saw a hand reach out to you. You slipped your hand into Yoongi's, letting him yank you closer until you were flush against his body, sitting on his lap.