Chapter Twenty Two

————

You finally find out more about the truth from Jimin as Taehyung tries to protect you from his brother's wrath, even if it means defying him as a king.

————

Just as he said, Jimin came before the sun rose. You couldn't sleep, your mind filled with so many thoughts. You just sat on the bed, staring out the window while you were deep in thought.

"(y/n) nim?" Jimin's voice startled you out of your trance. You blinked, shaking your head before turning to him.

"Sorry for startling you." He bowed, closing the door behind him and setting his things down by the side of the front door. You shook your head with a small smile, going towards him to hug him. He looked unharmed, which you were relieved by.

"Are you tired?" You asked.

"No, I'm fine. I should be asking you that." Jimin tucked your hair back behind your ears.

"I'm okay. I can't sleep but it's been nice and quiet, perfect for me to think." You chuckled. You stepped aside to let him unpack his necessities, leaving the rest to be unpacked tomorrow.

"I apologise that we must share a wash area." Jimin bowed.

"Jimin, don't apologise. Even back home, I have shared a wash area with 7 boys before. Trust me, sharing one with you isn't going to be a problem. Besides, I'm sorry that you had to abandon your job at the palace to come here with me. I know it won't be the same, living amongst the royals with beautiful gardens and royal food." You said.

"Please (y/n) nim. I wouldn't have wanted you to be here alone anyway. At least with me here, I can put my heart at ease." Jimin said.

"And don't worry, I don't really mind living here. Don't forget, before I became a royal servant, I was once a peasant. I've lived in much worse places than this." He giggled.

"I thought your mother was a servant?"

"She was but my father, brother and I never lived on palace grounds. We would visit secretly but we always lived further away." He explained.

"I understand." You nodded.

"It's an honour to continue to serve you, even here. At least until you have a chance to go home." Jimin held your hands. You nodded your head again, pulling him into a tight hug. He rubbed your back and you just felt so much love and warmth from him.

"I don't think there's enough space on the bed but we can take turns sleeping on the futon." You rubbed the back of your head.

"(y/n) nim, with all due respect, I would never EVER allow you to sleep on the ground. I'll take the futon, you take the bed." Jimin raised an eyebrow, going to unpack his toiletries.

"Then you have to let me help you." You conditioned.

"Alright!" He replied from the wash area. You opened the cupboard, taking the futon out and unrolling it to put it on the ground. You took a seat on the bed, which was placed right by the window where the moonlight casted in.

"Here, I made some tea. I know it's been a long day for you and this will help calm you down a little, relax your mind." Jimin smiled softly, holding the cup of hot tea out to you. You turned your head to see him standing there in his sleeping robes. You forced a small smile, receiving the cup in your hands. The tea smelled so nice.

"Thank you, Jimin. You should get some rest too. Don't worry about me." You giggled, sipping the warm, comforting tea. It did help you relax a little.

"I'm not tired." Jimin shook his head. You patted the space beside you and Jimin bowed his head before sitting down. You leaned your head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around you.