Chapter Twenty Four

————

He knows he needs to make it up to you. He already wasted time, he can't afford to let you leave just like that.

————

"Trust you? What's going on?" You frowned.

"It's hard to explain. I just need to bring you back to the palace." He said. You nodded, going back in. You woke Jimin up, who scrambled out of the futon at your mention of the king's presence.

"Sit. I'll only be a while." You told Yoongi. He nodded, taking a seat at the dining table. Jimin bowed before disappearing to assist you in getting ready. Yoongi looked around the small cottage, quite surprised that Taehyung kept it in such good condition.

"Hello." He said when Hayan came close to him. The cat meowed in reply, sniffing Yoongi's shoe before gently placing his paw on it.

"Yes? You want to come up here?" Yoongi lifted the cat up, placing him in his lap. Hayan immediately purred and turned on his back, loving the feeling of the soft silk.

"You have good taste. This is exquisite silk." Yoongi said.

"Is he talking to Hayan?!" You whispered harshly to Jimin, who was frantically dressing you. Jimin shrugged in response.

"It might not be a bad thing, (y/n) nim. I think we should just follow and see what he has to say... or show. If he wasn't meant to be here, I think Taehyung gun would have come to stop him." Jimin replied.

"That makes sense." You agreed. When you were done, you stepped out. You were surprised to see Hayan in Yoongi's lap but didn't really question it. Jimin quickly got ready while you packed up your things. Yoongi waited patiently but he did stand to move near you, Hayan being held in one arm while the other stroked him gently.

"Have you been okay? Taking care of yourself?" Yoongi asked. You hummed, folding your clothes and placing it into a pile.

"I have, Yoongi. Don't worry. What about you?" You turned to him. That was when you finally got a good look at him. He looked bad. He was paler than usual, skinnier and had dark circles under his eyes.

"Oh, Yoongi." You reached up to cup his cheek.

"When you left... I regretted everything. I don't even know what came over me." He shook his head with utter shame.

"For now, let's just not talk about it okay? If you want, we'll talk about it another time." You said. Honestly, you didn't want to remember what you saw that day too. Yoongi nodded in agreement, placing Hayan down.

"Just-" He tugged you into his embrace.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, squeezing you a little tighter. You relaxed in his embrace before slowly wrapping your arms around him. Sure, you were slightly wary but you couldn't bear to harbour anymore anger towards him. He looks like he suffered enough.

"It's okay, Yoongi. It's okay." You comforted him. When Jimin was done, you all went into the big carriage. It wasn't like the one you sat in before, this was much bigger. You and Yoongi sat together while Jimin sat in front.

"Hello, Seokjin and Jungkook." You waved. The two smiled and waved at you happily as Yoongi helped you step onto the carriage to board. Once everyone was seated, it started to move.

"I heard Taehyung say you're going home in two days." Yoongi told you.

"Yeah." You didn't know how much you could talk about it, not wanting him to suddenly go into an angry frenzy again.

"I wasted so many days. Now I only have two left." He held your hand. You were not expecting him to say that. You turned to him with a soft smile, leaning your head against his shoulder.