Drabble #1 "flower crown"

————

Yoongi watched as you moved around the garden, lugging the huge watering can with you to water the flowers. He had a smile of amusement when he heard you humming and speaking to the flowers.

"Do you need help?" He spoke up.

"Nope! Anyway, between the two of us, I think I'm the better expert at this." You scoffed, lifting the watering can to water the flowers. Yoongi had sent all the servants away, wanting to spend some alone time with you in the garden. But of course, the two guards still stood a distance away.

"Are you sure you don't want the gardener to help you with that?" He asked as you dug a hole to plant more flowers.

"Trust me, Yoongi. Geez." You growled in annoyance. Yoongi stood there with his arms folded, face full of judgement. You rolled your eyes, hardly bothered by him and continued.

"Grow well." You smiled as you patted the soil.

"There's no more space. What are you going to do with the rest of those?" Yoongi asked, nodding to the other flowers you had yet to plant.

"It would be a waste to just throw them." You sighed. You could put them together to make simple bouquets and just put them in rooms around the palace but that seemed boring.

"Any idea?"

"Hold on. I'm thinking." You groaned. That was until a light bulb went off in your head and you smiled at Yoongi.

"You know, there are little things in the world that scare me. But I do have to say that unfortunately, that smile of yours is one of those things. And whatever you have to say, I am declining it now." Yoongi rolled his eyes while you shot him a flat look. He knew that smile, it was the mischievous one you gave him when you wanted to rope him into one of your crazy ideas.

"Well-"

"No." Yoongi cut you off.

"Just let me finish! You haven't even heard my idea yet. Do you know what a flower crown is?" You asked with sparkly eyes. Yoongi shook his head slowly.

"A crown... like mine?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No! It's not the same as a crown one wears for royalty. It's a craft project. Come sit here and I'll show it to you." You patted the grass in front of you. Yoongi wasn't going to sit on the dirty mud.

"I'll stain my robes if I sit on the mud." Yoongi crossed his arms with defiance. You threw your head back with a groan.

"Fine! Let's go to the pavilion and do it. You're so difficult, I swear." You gathered the flowers and brought them with you, leaving the other gardening stuff in a neat pile. Yoongi followed you to the pavilion where you laid the flowers out.

"Hmm, hold on. Let me go look for something that we can use for the frame." You left Yoongi and stood up.

"Seokjin, go with her." Yoongi nodded and the guard ran behind you. You decided to go to the carpenters' shed, where you found some thin wire that was used to make fishing cages.

"Can I take this?" You asked Seokjin.

"Of course." He nodded. You smiled and went back out, taking pliers too. Seokjin carried the bundle wire for you, not wanting you to hurt yourself.

"I'm back." You sat down and Seokjin placed the metal material down, bowing to Yoongi before going back to his position. Yoongi watched curiously as you cut the thin metal with pliers.

"You kind of make a circles like this, just to hold it sturdy. Then you weave flowers into it. Those with longer stems, you can wrap them around to hide the metal frame." You demonstrated, taking a long stemmed flower and coiling it around the metal. Yoongi tilted his head in confusion, even when you handed his own wire frame to him.