Chapter Ten

————

Maybe this is your first shared moment with Yoongi where you don't want to kill each other. But of course, the constant reminder of being away from home and your own Yoongi hurts.

————

Yoongi had made sure to keep an eye on you for the next following days after you regained consciousness. He didn't really let you do much or ask you to follow him around. He mostly stayed in the throne room to do his work, where he had set up a cushioned area for you to sit.

"Yoongi, I told you. I don't need all this. I'm feeling a lot better." You sighed. You just wanted to do what you usually did, walk around, view the lake by the pavilion.

"You're still injured." Yoongi grunted as he read the scroll in front of him. You crossed your arms with a huff.

"Go." Yoongi said. You were about to stand.

"Not you. The court." Yoongi waved them off. You sat back down, with Jimin patting your shoulder in comfort. He refilled your tea cup and you took a sip before opening your book to read again.

"I wanna go into the garden for a walk." You decided enough was enough, slamming your book down. You were going to let him stop you.

"(y/n)." Yoongi called. You marched towards the doors.

"(y/n) nim... Please..." Jimin whimpered, not sure if he should be convincing you to listen to the king or just follow your wishes. Although, this time, he sided with the king only because he wanted you to rest to allow your body to recover fully. But judging by the look of determination on your face and your clenched fists by your side, you weren't giving in.

"(y/n). Stop."

"Listen, you-" You turned to scold him but a zap of pain shot through your ribs, making you choke out and crumble. Jimin was quick to hold you gently before you could hit the ground.

"Aish, can you just listen to me? For God's sake." Yoongi had crossed the room and held you. You slapped his hands away.

"I'm okay." You straightened up.

"Stop being so stubborn. Jimin, take her back to her room to rest." Yoongi ordered and Jimin nodded with a bow, putting your arm over his shoulder to support you.

"No, I'm going for a walk and that's final. Only after that, then I'll rest." You said firmly, even pulling away from Jimin, whose face fell. Yoongi closed his eyes, annoyed. He tried to calm himself down, pinching the bridge of his nose and letting out a long breath.

"Fine. We'll go for a walk. Namjoon, I'm postponing all other court events until tomorrow." Yoongi said to his advisor.

"Yes, jeonha." Namjoon bowed.

"You don't have to come with me and leave poor Namjoon to deal with all your appointments." You said. Yoongi didn't reply. He merely rolled his eyes and pushed open the double doors.

"Didn't you say you wanted to go for a walk? You're still standing here." Yoongi pointed out.

"Alright, Mr Passive Aggressive." You scoffed and slowly made your way out. Yoongi strolled beside you, waiting patiently without a single complaint. Jimin kept close behind, ready to catch you if you fell. You limped beside the blonde king. Only at the stone steps, did Yoongi hold his hand out for you, not wanting you to trip over the unsteady step.

"I got it." You said.

"Ugh, sometimes you just-" He grasped your hand and continued walking. When you saw the garden, your glare at Yoongi had turned to a bright smile. It felt good to be surrounded by nature again.