Chapter Eighteen

————

It's another day off for you as Yoongi returns to the king-ly duties!

————

Was this weird? Were you cheating on Yoongi with... Yoongi? You laid awake while the king slept soundly beside you. The both of you had a mental truce to never bring up the events that happened a few nights ago.

There was another thing that was never brought up. The fact that Yoongi came to your room to sleep next to you every night now. He didn't always come to hug you or cuddle you, he respected your space and most of the time, would just lie there and sleep.

You didn't have the heart to stop him as well, he just looked so sad and wanted comfort. And it didn't help that he had the same face as your Yoongi. You hated seeing Yoongi sad.

"(y/n) nim?" Jimin poked his head in.

"Hey." You whispered back, not wanting to wake Yoongi. It was still really early, the sun only having risen a while ago. You stood up and shuffled to the door.

"I was going for my morning duties but came to check on you. I'm surprised you're awake so early." Jimin smiled.

"Can't sleep, I guess." You shrugged. Only Hoseok, Jimin, Seokjin, Jungkook and Namjoon knew of this new 'sleeping arrangement'. Gossip spread fast on palace grounds so they tried to keep it as mum as possible.

"Everything okay?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah. Just have a lot on my mind." You sighed, rubbing the back of your neck. Jimin hummed in reply.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll come later when Hoseok comes to wake jeonha." Jimin held your hands. You nodded, not wanting to hold him back further from his work. He bowed his head and ran off. You turned back to see Yoongi still fast sleep. Hayan, whom Yoongi had well acquainted himself with, was curled against the king's side.

"He's just another Yoongi but not the same Yoongi. He's not your Yoongi." You reminded yourself as you returned to bed. Slipping beneath the blanket, you closed your eyes to sleep for a while more.

"Down at the docks?" You were woken up by Yoongi's hushed voice.

"You're trying to be soft but it's not working. I can still hear you clear as day." You spoke, your eyes still closed.

"Since you're already awake, it shouldn't matter then." He scoffed. You sat up, stretching your arms over your head with a yawn. You ran your fingers through your tangled hair.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"Nothing. Just some business that has to be handled down at the docks. Means I have to leave the palace." Yoongi sighed. He didn't like having to go outside and into the village unnecessarily. You hummed, laying back down on your bed to sleep more.

"Are you just gonna sleep the whole day?" Yoongi chuckled as Hoseok slipped his shoes onto his feet.

"You're not around anyway. It's my day off." You grinned, tucking your hands behind your head. Yoongi laughed again with a shake of his head. He reached over to pat your head before heading to the door.

"Stay safe." You wished.

"Enjoy your rest day. Tonight, meet me at my room." Yoongi said before leaving. Your cheeks burned at his words, how could he just say that so casually?!

"Geez... The way he says it is like he's hinting we do something more than sleep." You shook your head. Jimin giggled as he prepared your clothes for the day. You shot him a dirty look when he pressed a cold, wet cloth to your cheeks in an attempt to cool you down. You went to the washroom, with Jimin trailing behind you, to get ready for the day.