Chapter Nine

————

Even if Yoongi and you weren't on the best terms, he wasn't going to let anyone get away with hurting you on his own palace grounds.

————

After seeing you return to your room, Yoongi dismissed Namjoon, standing to face the empty courtyard on his own. He took in the view, enjoying the silence of being alone to his own thoughts.

"Jeonha!" His royal guard Jungkook ran over while he panted. His face was grave, a frown on his face as if he had bad news. Yoongi turned away from the view to face his guard, raising an eyebrow in confusion. He was expecting to hear of new village invaders.

"(y/n) nim has been gravely injured."

That was not what he was expecting. Yoongi felt his heart stop slightly.

"Bring me to her. NOW!" Yoongi commanded angrily. Jungkook nodded with a bow, almost hurrying the king along. They arrived just in time to see Taehyung chasing Yoongi's concubines away.

"J-Jimin." You had called out softly before passing out. That sent Jimin in a panicking frenzy, until he spotted Yoongi standing there.

"Jeonha!" They all bowed to him. Yoongi was frozen, slightly wide eyes trained on your unconscious, bleeding figure on the gravel ground. He pushed Jimin and Taehyung away, bending down to see how hurt you were. What he did next shocked everyone. He wordlessly bent down and picked you up gently, carrying you in his arms.

"Hyung-" Taehyung started but Yoongi shot him a glare, causing him to close his mouth. The rest remained quiet, their heads low.

"Get me the royal physician." Was all he said before bringing you away. They all stood there in shock for the next few seconds until Hoseok moved to chase after the king.

"Jimin, go get the physician." He told Jimin, who ran to get the physician. Yoongi kicked the doors to his quarters open.

"Here, jeonha." Hoseok arranged the pillow for Yoongi to lay you on.

"Get me a cloth." Yoongi said as he lightly brushed the hair away from your face. Hoseok bowed and ran to get a tub of water with a cloth. However, instead of making Hoseok do it, Yoongi grabbed the towel.

"Get out. All of you. Send the royal physician in when he arrives." Yoongi hissed and the two guards exited with Hoseok. Yoongi diligently tried to clean the dirt from your face.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Jeonha." Namjoon's voice was heard, along with the physician.

"Come in." Yoongi said, putting the soiled cloth into the water. The physician bowed while Namjoon couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Yoongi taking care of you. Yoongi hardly ever allows anyone into his personal quarters, only Hoseok. Even his concubines have never entered here.

"Fix her." Yoongi growled at the physician. He jumped and scrambled forward to see you but Yoongi kept a grip on your wrist.

"Jeonha, you need to let go so he can inspect her." Namjoon said softly. Yoongi stared down at his hand, not even realising that he had held onto you. Reluctantly, Yoongi let your wrist go.

"I will need to undress her, jeonha. I suspect internal injuries." The physician deduced.

"What did you just say?!" Yoongi grabbed his collar.

"Jeonha..." Namjoon placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, only for the blonde to roughly shrug it off. The physician shook, worried for his life.

"Get her servant here." Yoongi threw the doors open and Namjoon called for Jimin to enter, whispering in his ear the situation. Jimin nodded with a bow, going into the room while Namjoon closed the door behind him. Yoongi didn't know if he should go confront the concubines or stay and wait for the physician to be done treating you.