Chapter 1: The Silent Wanderer

The cold air blows past you. It feels nice on your skin as you walk this land. You aren't used to the cold winds of Arendelle. You remember the embracing sun of your home. You could step outside and the sun would wrap it's warmth around you like you were its child. Arendelle hasn't given that same welcome.

You continue to track through the harsh terrain. You've been trained to be mobile in all areas, but there is an exception now. You look at your wounds: A stab wound to the left arm and left leg. You have dressed them as well as you could but they continue to hurt and slow you down.

You grind your teeth to ignore the pain. You're surprised there wasn't poison on any of the knives that were thrown at you. There is still a possibility there was, but the effects haven't kicked in yet. That's highly doubtful though, as you have been traveling for days. You know that the poison they use would have taken effect days ago.

You check your belt to make sure your katana is properly attached. The blade is sheathed but the hilt and sheath are covered by some fabric. Patrolling guards in these parts could get suspicious seeing someone with a katana. Anything that isn't a broadsword would draw suspicion.

You focus your ears for any signs of animals or people. You take a deep breath and concentrate. You can hear some squirrels in the trees, hiding from the harsh snow. You can't hear a bird, but that is normal. There is one thing that catches your attention. It is the huff of a wolf. Where there is one wolf, there is no doubt there are more around.

One last thing catches your ear. A ruffling in the trees and some snow falling off them. You become alert at this. The sound could only mean one thing. You grab your sword and start moving at a faster pace towards Arendelle. You can see the fjord, so the actual city can't be far.

You move faster but not too fast. Even though you are trying to run your wounds constrict you to a light jog. You can hear the trees behind you being disturbed. You grab the hilt on your katana and use your strength to break it free of the fabric. You just catch another swords attack.

You see a masked man's eyes before he pushes off your sword and takes position a meter away. You are pushed back a little but keep your footing. He is alone, as far as you can tell. You don't know his identity but you have a good idea of where he is from.

"You can't just leave, (Y/N). We're all brothers to our death."

You remain silent and keep your sword close. You take a defensive posture. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Are you really not going to speak?"

You start backing up slowly, keeping your defense. He knows you. He knows that you're in an almost impenetrable position. You tighten the grip of your sword. A drop of sweat slides down your face. You know you can't win in your current state, but you didn't think you were that nervous.

The man starts making his way towards you. He realizes you are in no condition for a fight - that you're simply bluffing. You hear hooves making your way towards your location. You crack a smile of relief.

"Go Sven!" a man commands.

A Reindeer mounted sled flies past you. You almost instantly sheath the sword and grab hold of the sled. You smile as the distance between you and the masked man widens. You use your muscles to make yourself as light as possible, so nobody notices your presence.

After a short time your muscles give out. You are much closer to Arendelle now, but your wounds are too much. You let go of the sled and tumble through the snow. You grunt in pain. You lay there for a second before getting your face out of the snow and up to the sky, watching the clouds pass by. You can feel the snow melting on your cheek. It's nice.