Chapter 8: It's Always Something With Royalty

The royal guards positioned themselves all of Tocia. They declared a city wide lock down in one night, and the people weren't happy about it. Captain Durr announced that Queen Elsa was kidnapped and being held in the city, which meant the lock down was mandatory. The residents of Tocia city submitted after hearing that the beloved queen was kidnapped.

Idonis attends this announcement, and knew that it wasn't going to be easy for you to escape the city now. He begins to walk back to his home after the announcement ends and he notices guards setting up postures of your face. You were officially a wanted man.

He sighed at the sad fact and continued on his way. A few guards stopped and asked him if he has seen you, which he politely said no to. He would never give you up to anyone. He made a promise. He starts to think back on the promise he made to his old friend.

"I need you to promise me, Idonis," The Master's voice echoed in his head. "You need to protect him. If anything ever happens you must be the one to keep him safe. The world needs a Drakon again."

"Of course," Idonis said aloud.

Idonis entered his home to find you and Elsa still sleeping, and still holding hands. Idonis smiled at the sight.

"A queen and an exile. Who would have guessed it?"

He started fiddling around with his potions. He had become much better at them over this past month. He's had a lot of spare time since leaving the Dragon Clan with you.

He looks to a cabinet that was locked tightly. He thought back to his young days. He quickly shut out those thoughts and looked to Elsa. He didn't feel right talking with her, as he aided in the killing of her grandfather. He would never tell her, of course, but the guilt still remains.

Elsa starts to fidget and eventually wakes up. Her eyes open to see your face. She smirks a little before lifting herself up. She feels infinitely better than she did the past day. She lifts herself out of the bed and onto her feet. She holds her stomach, indicating she is hungry.

"Glad to see you up and well," Idonis greeted.

"Thank you. I feel much better. I owe you a great debt."

Idonis chuckles. "You owe me nothing. I'm just doing my service to the queen and a favour to a friend."

Elsa looks at you, assuming that's who he's talking about.

"Does he usually sleep this long?"

"He... he has his days. I don't blame him. I don't think he's had a sound sleep in weeks."

Elsa pauses for a moment then sits back down on the bed.

"You may want to be careful. The royal guards have locked down the city in a search for you."

"Why should I be careful? They're my guards," Elsa questions.

"I wasn't talking to you."

Elsa hears the outer door close. She looks down and notices you are no longer there. She runs out the door and catches you before you jump out to the roof.

"What do you think you're doing?"

You look at her with a straight face.

"You aren't going out there! Not without me."