Chapter 23: Absolute Failure

You hear the door lock. You don't show that you noticed, but you do. Why would Idonis lock the door? From what you can hear, he isn't moving either. It's almost like he's guarding the door. You move your eyes towards Elsa to see how she's acting. From what you can tell she is being normal. Maybe you're just over analyzing. A locked door could just mean they want to keep this meeting a secret.

You look around to see who's here. The main council is here, along with the foreign ones. Kristoff and Eugene are here as well. They both give you a smirk. You nod at them. Elsa takes a seat while you stand beside her.

"I believe we can begin. Henry, go ahead," Elsa starts.

"Thank you, your majesty. Now, as we all know we have come up with a plan to find the assailant who has taken Princess Anna and Princess Rapunzel."

They had a plan? Why didn't Idonis tell me?

"And you are okay with this plan, Queen Elsa?" Eugene asks.

"Yes, I am fully with it. We must save those who were taken. I will be the bait."

These words concern you right away. Elsa as bait? What the hell are they talking about?

"Back it up a second, what is this plan and why does Elsa have to act as bait?"

Henry smiles.

"We concurred that this man wanted Elsa. There is no better way to find where he is than to let him take Elsa and follow them back."

"That's stupid. You're going to send a soldier to do this? She's going to die."

"No, she won't. You're the one who's going to look after her," Idonis adds.

You look over at Idonis. He pulls something out from his pocket and shows it to you. It's the tiniest piece of dust, or so it seems. You know exactly what it is. It's what the Dragon Clan uses as a tracker.

"This will emit a high pitch sound. Too high for any normal person to hear, but you can hear it, can't you?"

You stare at the spec. Due to the quality of your hearing, the sound is almost too much for you to hear. If you heard it too long in a close proximity then your ears would start to bleed. You might even go insane.

"We'll place this in Elsa's clothes. She'll activate it when they take her, and you'll follow," Idonis finishes.

"No, I'm not doing this. There has to be a better way. I will not allow Elsa to be used as bait like this!" You argue.

"We have no choice, assassin. This group has made us desperate. There have been raids all over the planet. We must act now," a council member states.

"Act, yes! But this is exactly what he'll want! You're falling right into his trap!"

"We have no more options, (Y/N)," Elsa says, trying to calm you down.

"How can you want to do this? What happens if we lose you? Arendelle has nothing left!"

"(Y/N), please, I convinced them to save the spot for you now please take it," Elsa sharply whispers.

"No, I'm not agreeing to this, and you all know," you say, turning to the council. "That nobody else can pull this off. If you send her off with anyone else, she's gone! So you'll just have to come up with a different plan!"