Chapter 25: Confrontation

The guards lead you, Kristoff, and Eugene to the castle. Everywhere you look you can see crying wives and children. It's horrible to see these people go through such pain. You know their pain now, and it's difficult even for you. But they aren't trained like you are. They haven't seen the things you've seen. You're tougher than they are and yet it still gets to you. So you can't imagine what a weaker mind would be going through trying to cope with such loss.

The guard brings you to the entrance of the council chambers; at least what's left of it. He quickly walks away to aid in the recovery. You watch him leave then drift your eyes towards the door. Kristoff and Eugene can tell you have a bad feeling about this meeting. They aren't wrong. You do.

You crack your neck then walk into the room. The entirety of the Arendelle and Corona council looks over at the three of you.

"Ah (Y/N) it's... you're still here. Come in, come in. Stand in the center," Henry greets.

You chuckle and follow his order. The least you can give him is the illusion that he has power over you.

Kristoff and Eugene take their own seats. You cross your arms and look around the council chamber.

"As you can tell," Henry starts. "Arendelle was attacked by a group of assassins. Our guards held them off the best they could and saved a lot of lives that day. However, the question remains: where were you during all this?"

"I was carrying out your plan," you emotionlessly state.

"But that shouldn't have taken so long. Why were you not here to defend Arendelle in its time of need? Possibly because you were aiding the group?"

"No. Elsa was kidnapped by Viper, the one who I assume is the current Grand Master of the Serpent Clan. After that battle took place I-"

"The Serpent Clan, huh? Why is it you never mentioned this before?" A councilman shouts.

"There was no reason to give you people any specifics," you counter. "You could have done nothing with that information anyway."

"But... this brings up something curious. You are part of the Dragon Clan, no?" Henry asks.

"I was, yes. The clan was attacked alongside Arendelle. Everyone there is dead," you reveal, holding back any type of sorrow you may have.

"And how is it you know that they are dead?" Henry grins.

"After Elsa was taken I knew both Arendelle and the clan were under attack. The Dragon Clan had another elemental with them, also they had less manpower than Arendelle. I chose to go there first in order to protect the elemental. I planned to come to Arendelle after-"

"But you didn't. You chose your clan over the safety and security of Arendelle," Henry accuses.

"With Idonis is Arendelle I knew you had more of a fighting chance. Also Viper's plan was based around having the elementals. Gaia was the last one so-"

"So you chose your clan over Arendelle. There's no getting around it."

"Not in that way!" You declare. "I had full intentions to come back to Arendelle-"

"But you didn't!" A councilman screams.

"You left everyone to die!" Another says.