Chapter 16: New Tides

You open your eyes slowly. The sun is beaming down on you, and it's making it difficult to fall back asleep. You push yourself up off the bed and onto your feet. You look to the right to see a giant triangle window standing proud. You look at it and shake your head.

That window is a fuck you to sleep. Why would anyone want that?

You stretch your muscles and yawn. You shake your head once more to fully wake yourself up. You look down at your clothes. You feel so uncomfortable and strange in them. You don't know why you let Elsa convince you into wearing them. You further can't understand why so many people would want to wear clothes like this. They are tight. They reduce mobility and performance. You are definitely hindered in these clothes.

You take off the shirt and pants, leaving only underwear. You smile as you rotate your arms in circular motions and stretch your legs side to side. You slide down into the splits, then use your hands to push yourself in the air. You execute a flip in the air and land gracefully on your feet.

See, I couldn't do that in those clothes!

You look over to the side of the room where your sword is residing. You grab it before leaving. You walk out of the room and look around. There a few guards stationed around the doors. They look at you and your lack of attire.

"Sir, you aren't wearing pants," one guard states.

"Yes, that's very true," you agree.

The guard shakes his head and starts following you.

"I don't know why Idonis decided that I need a bodyguard. Elsa would need one more then I."

"Well, Queen Elsa already has several body guards. She also has you. This is just a precaution so people don't think Arendelle doesn't take care of its visitors," the guard explains.

"Visitors? I've been here for a month."

"Yes, but nobody knows you're one of the most dangerous men on this side of the globe, sir."

"One of?" You raise your brow.

"Well, yes. You're likely the strongest but there are far more... disturbed individuals who carry out sickening tasks."

"I was just bugging you Felix. Calm down a little," you chuckle.

It has indeed been one month since Elsa invited you to stay with her. The council was less than enthusiastic about you and Idonis staying, however with the backing of Elsa, Anna, and Captain Durr, they finally submitted. Idonis became "Captain Idonis" and started training the guards. Durr remained in Arendelle as Idonis' advisor. Idonis would sometimes work the guards too hard, so Durr had to keep Idonis grounded. However, Captain Idonis made the Arendelle guard THE most well trained military known to man. It surpassed Corona.

You and Elsa's relationship blossomed immensely. Even with Elsa's role as queen, she still tried to make time for both of you. Sometimes she was too busy to be with you, but Anna and Kristoff constantly attempted to connect with you. Due to this, Kristoff and Anna have become good friends of yours. They always poked fun at you when you didn't know what to say. Elsa has told them about your preference to act rather than speak.

Because of your relationship with Elsa, you have been attempting to talk a little more. However Elsa has not made your relationship public. Not yet, anyway. You have been with her for many formal events, but you were shown as a guard rather than a partner. Elsa originally wanted to make your relationship public, but the council advised against it. Other cities were already agitated at the fact that Arendelle was housing two high ranking members of the Dragon Clan. If it was known that the queen was romantically involved with one of them, then something bad could happen.