Chapter 14: Master vs. Drakon

Time seemed to slow down at that point. Elsa slowly looks over to you. Idonis heard your voice, and took in a breath. He realizes you broke your vow and realizes the shame it must place on you.

You slightly trip over your feet but keep running. You can't believe you just spoke. You vowed on two people's graves that you wouldn't speak. You basically forsake your family and loved ones all for Elsa.

Does that mean something? I didn't even mean to. It was natural. Well that doesn't matter. It won't matter if I don't save her!

Zander is about to come down on Elsa. You extend your arm towards her as she watches you rush towards her. Zander brings down his blade but it is stopped by another. The blade then throws Zander towards you. It was Captain Durr!

You jump into the air and pass over Zander. You shove your sword into his gut and drag him across the ground. He spits out blood and becomes bruised from your attack. When you reach Elsa you throw Zander off your sword to a place he will be alone. You take position beside Durr and give him a skeptical look.

"Listen, I know I don't deserve your trust right now, but I'm willing to help. I thought you poisoned my queen, and these people were going to help me. I thought history was repeating itself," Captain Durr stated. He takes in a breath. "I... I was the Captain of the Guard in Tocia when the witch poisoned my duke. I wasn't going to let that happen again. I apologize to you, assassin, and to you, my queen. I will accept punishment if we make it out of this, but for now allow me to somewhat redeem myself by standing with you now."

You extend your hand to Captain Durr. He looks at it for a moment then shakes it. You both go back to back as the clan surrounds you.

"Be honest, are we going to die here?" Captain Durr asks.

You shrug.

"Hm... very well. We won't place our fate in the hands of gods!"

Captain Durr rushes towards a few clan members. They enter a brawl. Idonis makes his way to you, cutting down everyone in his way. Daniel is trying to finish off Zander, but he is well protected. Elsa grabs your arm and spins you to face her.

"You spoke to me."

You keep your face somewhat neutral.

"I thought you didn't speak."

You smirk and launch yourself into the action.

"Hey!"

You jump over a dozen clan members and land right next to Zander. He is bleeding heavily. He stares up at you with disgust. You pick him up by the throat and hold him in the air. He chuckles, making some blood spit onto your face. You look at his stab wound. It isn't healing. It must be the power of the Dragon Sword. You rip his shirt off, assuming he wore the Dragon's Tear as a prize. Nothing was there.

"Looking for the Dragon's Tear? Ha, I don't have it," Zander mutters.

You look at him once more. You remember the good times you had with him. He is a different man now. His eyes are full of greed and ambition. You shake your head.

Rest in peace Zander.

You lightly toss him in the air. When he falls in front of you it's over for him. As soon as he gets in range you shove your sword through his heart.