Chapter 12: An Exile's Path

You're completely fatigued from the fighting. Snow falls lightly upon your ruined clothes and your hair. You stare at the man across from you. He is breathing heavily as well, but has a smile on his face. You can't help but smile with him.

"You're incredible (Y/N). You've learned more about your powers than I thought possible."

"Thank you Master. It's all because of you."

He chuckles and assumes a normal stance. You retract your wings and do the same. You feel a large discomfort with them returning to your skin.

"Still hurts?"

"A little. You'd think after a year of training I could get used to it," you shrug.

"Don't be so modest. You've gone through some of my most intense training sessions these past two years. The fact that it only took a year for you to discover that power is amazing."

The two of you walk towards the stone door leading to your usual relaxation place. You've gotten so used to this place. Master says it belongs to you due to your blood. All Drakons made this place their home. He took it so far that it's now closed off from the rest of the clan. Nobody understood why, but they couldn't argue. You and the Master have spent the majority of two years training here.

He started by making you read guides the old Drakons left. They were mostly meditation techniques, but some explained how to use some of your powers. It was obvious that the writings have grown over the years. New Drakons would discover new powers and record them for future ones to learn and expand upon. You wrote down the ability to grow dragon wings. This power was never shown in any previous Drakon before you.

You've also been having more dreams about a dragon. They seem to have become more frequent while staying at this place. Maybe it was simply the aura it let off. The Master had no explanation. He once said that it could be your father calling out to you. Whether the dragon was still alive or not is debatable.

The clan had expanded exponentially, and not in the classic way. The temple did not grow bigger, nor were there a large amount of new recruits. Idonis had done a good job at keeping everyone training. He made a stricter training session with everyone, which improved their skills a lot. The Master came up with the routine, but allowed Idonis to take the credit. He wanted to test Idonis in his leadership skills. It was evident that he would be the next Grand Master if anything ever happened.

With the clan being at the strongest it has in years the contracts have come flowing in. The Master refused some, and accepted others. All the Master really cared about the past two years was your training you. The two of you visited the temple once in a while, but spent most of your time in the borders of Arendelle. At times you would fly around the city, and see all the occupants. They seemed so small from your altitude.

The one bad part of the Master being so occupied was the situation with Zander. Cassandra has been trying to get some solid evidence on what he's been doing, but he leaves little behind to say what he's doing. The most Cassandra could gather is that he was searching for a sorcerer, and is in contact with someone else. Cassandra tried her best to figure out who that was, but to no avail.

Idonis wasn't sure what to do. He was very suspicious of Zander's activity, but there was no proof to accuse him with. Even as an acting Grand Master, he can't just accuse people of betrayal without any evidence. It would make him look foolish. Idonis thought about following Zander himself, but the duties at the temple kept him away from doing that. He eventually decided to let things play out. There was nothing he and the clan couldn't handle at this point.