Chapter 29: Identity

4 Years before Rhaegos' meeting

You stand quite uncomfortably near the door leading out of the room. You never were one for suits, and this material is not working for you. Anytime you move the fabric brushes against your skin and starts to itch. The clothes are also tight, making it even more uncomfortable to move. It's like being in full body armour. At least armour has a purpose, however.

You divert your eyes up to see Kristoff trying to fix his hair. It's actually combed for once, but you can tell he hates it. He makes sure his suit is proper and elegant. His suit looks slightly better than yours, for obvious reasons. It's a larger suit in order to compensate for Kristoff's bulk. It took a few days for the tailor to get it right for him. He stares at himself in the mirror and sighs. He turns around to face you.

"What do you think?"

"You look like a blonde man in a suit."

He's obviously displeased with your answer; you can tell by the look in his eye. He turns back to face the mirror and starts fixing it up once more. You quietly chuckle before pushing off the wall and casually walking towards Kristoff.

"You're worrying about this more than Anna is," you tease, placing your hand on his shoulder. "You look great Kristoff. Anna will love it."

Kristoff sighs.

"She will, you're right."

He takes a few steps away from the mirror and looks out the window. You can tell he's uneasy. It's extremely obvious.

"What's wrong? I've never seen you act like this before."

"I don't know... I just..." He places his hands on his hips and huffs, then turns towards you. "It's just marrying into a royal family. It's never been something I got used to and now... I don't know. I suppose I just never expected myself to be married, and now that I am it's almost scary."

You shrug and cross your arms.

"Look, you and Anna love each other, right? That's all that matters. Forget her royal blood. Forget everyone else. This is about you and her. Your love. Your life. Just focus on Anna and everything will be fine."

A small smile creeps onto Kristoff's face.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks (Y/N)."

You walk up to him and lightly smack his shoulder.

"Anytime. Now let's get going."

Kristoff nods in agreement. The two of you leave the room and are approached by Eugene, who's been waiting outside for a few minutes.

"Looks like you're all ready to go," Eugene comments.

"Yeah, let's do this," Kristoff nods.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Elsa, do I look good? Is the dress not right? The dress isn't right!" Anna shrieks.

Elsa sighs and smiles.

"You look gorgeous, Anna."

Anna twirls around in an elegant white dress. It keeps to Anna's slender body perfectly and compliments it like nothing else can. It's all white except for a design along Anna's chest. It's their family's royal insignia. It's the dress that Idun – Elsa and Anna's mother – wore on her wedding day. It's debatable whether they were saving it for Anna or Elsa. They might have thought Elsa would never meet someone because of her powers. But nobody can really say except them, and they're dead.