Chapter 28: Stay in the Room

5 Years before Rhaegos' meeting

"Achoo!"

You're about to wipe your nose but someone beats you to it. Elsa brings up a small handkerchief to your nose and smiles. You stare at her for a moment.

"Come on," she motivates.

You blow your nose, making a distorted sound. Elsa smiles and pats your head. You give her a sarcastic look.

"You're the one who got me sick, you know. I've never been sick a day in my life," you comment.

"Neither have I, so we're both experiencing new things," she says, packing a few things up. "Anyhow, I have some things I have to do today. As soon as I'm done I'll come back and take care of you.

"Please, I don't need anyone to ta- Achoo"

Elsa giggles. "What was that you were saying?"

"Whatever, just go."

"I'll be back soon. You better be in this bed when I get back," Elsa sternly states.

"Yeah, I'll be here."

Elsa gets off the bed and walks out the door. You lean back against the bedframe and stare at the wall. More specifically, you stare at a picture on the wall. It's one of you, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven. You're all looking happy as ever. Well, everyone except you. Anna said that you had your "brooding look" during the picture. Your back is somewhat turned, but you're still visible because of Elsa. She's pulling you in with one hand while Olaf is in her other hand.

You sigh and slip down into the bed.

I'm still trying to act the way I did after I left the clan. That's not who I am anymore. I'm not like that but... it's hard to not be. It's all I ever knew. Sure, I've changed a little bit but that picture clearly shows I'm still an arrogant bastard.

You cross your arms and put one foot over the other. You stare at the ceiling and start thinking back. All that can come in your head are some people who aren't around anymore. You can see Idonis' wise look as he watches you train. The two of you running while your clan chased you down. You remember him fighting alongside you when you went back to the clan to save Elsa. He was there for you. He cared.

Then the Master. The man who trained you until the day he died. He would always push you past your limits, then push you even more. When you were younger you thought he was mean, but you see that he just wanted the best for you. Even when he was under the control of that wizard he still tried to fight it off. Of course he was dead, but still. He was your father for those years.

You shake your head and get out of the bed. You walk over to the wall and rest on it – placing both your forearms and head against the wall. Regret isn't something you like, and you try your best not to think of the bad things that's happened. When you think of the bad things that happen in your life, you always think of how to change them. But you couldn't, even if you tried. Looking back on it, there will always be something you think you could have done. But in reality you are limited to a human body. Hell, sometimes you don't even think you're really human.

Technically you aren't human, but it's your soul and mind that you're referring too. The things you can do and the person that you are doesn't resemble a human being. Sure you can be hurt. You can bleed and die like anyone else but what does that matter?