Chapter 4: Silence isn't an Evil

With the realization that Elsa had ran away you knew you had to find her. You rush back inside the cave to grab your sword and put out the fire. You stomp all over the fire then take a second to smile.

I remember when fire was a threat to me...

You strap your sword to your belt then run out into the tundra.

You look on the ground to see if the queen left any tracks. Unfortunately the constant snow has ruined any chance for tracking. You don't even know how long she's been gone for. There is no way she got back to Arendelle in this time, but there is still a chance she could have found a nearby patrol.

You continue through the blizzard to find her. While running you open up your senses to find her. The sound of the blizzard is very distracting for you. It spans too far through the land for it to be ignored.

Does she not realize she'll die? God damn it... I have to find her.

You find a small clearing for you to sit and relax. You cross your legs and sit in the cold snow. You close your eyes and open your mind. It looks like meditating from the outside, but you didn't think this was meditating. Frankly you never could meditate to the extent you were supposed to. It was your weakest subject back then.

You attempt to see through the snow with your senses. The howling wind was a distraction, but you could push through it if you tried. You hear some horses traveling. That may be her, and it's not too far away. You continue to listen for anything else, just in case. Some wolves have adopted your old cave, as you hear. It's a good thing you got out of there. They would have died.

You start to hear some blood dripping from someone. It's impossible to tell who the person is or where the blood was coming from. It may be your assassin. That sound is a distance from the horses, so there is no danger.

Seems like the horses are the best guess to find her. You get up and start sprinting as fast as you can. You debate whether to use the trees or not. They could help, but they also have snow that could disrupt your momentum. Also they were too far apart and too frail. Running was the better option.

You kept your hearing focused on the horses. They were going slowly because of the storm, which made it easy to catch up with them. You reach them and decide to take cover in a tree. You observe what is happening. Elsa is indeed there, but it wasn't a patrol or anything like that. From your view they seemed to be some kind of traveling salesman and Elsa was asking for a ride back to Arendelle.

You shake your head in disappointment. You grab the kunai you had and threw it by the horse's feet. It freaked out and began to run away, leaving Elsa stranded. You jump out of the tree and land next to Elsa. She jumps in fear as you appear out of nowhere. You walk over to the kunai and place it back in your belt.

You turn to face her with a cocky smile.

"You... found me? How did you?"

You walked passed her, grabbing her arm. She struggled a little bit as you dragged her away.

"You can't do this to me! I will hurt you!"

You stop and face her. You grab both her shoulders so you are staring directly at each other. You stare at her for a moment but turn away. You've seen beautiful people before but there is something about her. You almost feel guilty holding her the way you do.

She is watching you awkwardly, wondering why you turned away from her. You look into her eyes once more and shake your head. You want to tell her to be quiet and follow along, but you can't. You won't allow yourself to mutter a word yet.

Elsa calms down after a moment of staring into your eyes. The wind causes her hair to become a little messy, but she doesn't notice. The only thing she notices right now is your eyes. They are still filled with pain, as before. She almost starts to feel sorry for you.