Chapter 6: Return to a Broken Home

You raise yourself from Cassandra's grave and look around. You take in all the memories that you have in this very field. It was the first time you experienced the power of a Drakon, even though you didn't know it at the time. You broke free of the chains of reality at that moment, and it forever changed you.

But now wasn't the time to dwell on the past. It was time to get the Dragon's Blood for Elsa. You observed the difference in the wall that kept the temple grounds secure. There were more guards than their used to be. It won't make things too difficult however.  You saw many points in their routine that you could take advantage of. You look at your sword to decide whether to use it or not. You shook your head.

They aren't all bad. I'll only kill one of them, if our paths cross.

You quietly dart towards the wall and press your body against it. Easy enough. You look up and wait a moment. You listen for the footsteps of the guards. Once they start to separate you begin your climb.

You take out the kunai knife then jump. You stab it into the wall to make a place to rest on. You don't rest, however. You swing yourself up and pull the kunai out of the spot. Once you reach the height of your jump you stab the wall again. You continue this quickly and quietly until you reach the top.

You then jump to the inside of the temple grounds and take over in the darkness. The place has been repaired since you last saw it. You scan the area and think of where they kept the poison. You never cared for the stuff, so you never paid attention to where it was kept.

The most likely place was somewhere near the armory. It seemed to make the most sense to you. You look over to where the armory is and start to sneak there. You are surprised and ashamed that nobody has noticed your presence.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elsa is having her cut treated with some herbal compounds. She feels a slight sting as it is dabbed on her cut, but nothing to major.

"So... What's your name?" Elsa asks, trying to break the silence.

"Idonis," he quickly answers, obviously focusing on his work.

He grabs an odd looking plant and places it in Elsa's mouth.

"Eat it."

Elsa swallows the small plant whole. Idonis backs off.

"That's the most I can do without the actual poison."

He cleans his hands while Elsa stays on the bed she was placed in.

"Why doesn't (Y/N) talk?" Elsa questions.

Idonis chuckles a bit, "I suppose being queen you are used to being straight forward with questions."

Elsa doesn't know how to react, so she simply waits for an answer. Idonis sees this and sighs.

"He made a vow to himself not to speak until what happened was rectified."

"What happened?"

Idonis pauses for a moment. "I couldn't tell you that. All I know is that I made a promise to my friend to protect (Y/N) in case something happened. I continue to honour his request."