Chapter 13: A Broken Vow

You watch helplessly as the blade rests against Elsa's throat. You cringe in anger. You want to beat Zander to the center of the earth. He is still smiling, and that despicable captain is behind him. His face has more concern than victory, but he is not innocent here. Nobody is. Still, your mind wanders on how Zander was able to turn the whole clan against you so quickly. When everything first started they instantly went against you. Why? A lot of members liked you and knew you wouldn't do such a thing as killing the Grand Master.

You can hear the clan whispering among themselves. They want to fight you, and they want to watch Elsa fall. You swear on your life that she won't. You stare into Zander's blood thirsty eyes. You know he'll kill Elsa if you do anything, but you can't just stand there and watch. You get ready to act but something stops you.

"I'm not a damsel in distress," Elsa declares.

She unleashes a large blast of snow and ice from her body. Zander and the other man are forced away from her. With this opportunity you rush to Elsa, grab her, and jump over the temple wall. You land and continue to run towards the forest. Some of the clan members are already there and have the route blocked off. You slow down and try to find a way out, but it's all covered.

You put Elsa down and she looks at you. She then slaps you lightly.

"Why did you leave me there? We were supposed to do this together!"

You wanted to tell her it was for her own safety. That you wanted her as far away from the action as possible. You give her a weak smile then hug her. You don't know why you do this, but you're just happy she's okay. Elsa is baffled by this action, but she does hug you back. You break off from the hug and look towards the gate.

Zander, the two masked men, and Captain Durr exit from the temple grounds and walk towards you. Hundreds of clan members surround you as well. The only way out of this is to fight. You slowly pull out your katana and move into a fighting stance. You flick your head away, telling Elsa to run.

"Leave? No! I will not leave you here!"

You turn to her with a stern look.

"You can't do this on your own! You'll die!"

You sigh. You accept death if it means avenging Cassandra and the Master.

"No... no! You can't die here, you can't just expect people to leave you alone! I thought like you once. I ran away from my home and my sister to try and keep them safe, but it doesn't work that way. You know how I took control of my life? I accepted people and accepted their help. You need to do the same. Whether you want me here or not, I'm staying because I care about you!"

You look over at her, puzzled.

"Well... I mean you're someone who I..."

"How cute, you actually got the queen to like you. Someone has to, nowadays," Zander interrupts.

"I'm going to slap him," Elsa mumbles.

You chuckle at it. You know there is no way she's leaving you now, so you have to make sure she stays safe.

Zander pulls out his own sword and lets the tip of the blade slide across the ground. He's trying to taunt you. You keep your cool. Not a single drop of sweat is leaving your body. Zander stands in front of you, sword still touching the ground. The Masked Man you recognize takes position to your left, while the other takes position to your right. They seem to be the leaders of this whole thing. You beat them and the others should stop.