Chapter 9: Trusting No Words

Kristoff is sitting at a booth at Arendelle's most popular place to have a drink. Kristoff has a large mug in his hand, and two others off to the side of him. He is trying to figure out what to do and muster up the courage to do it. Right now he has one idea, but isn't sure whether it's the right one.

"Anna and Elsa seemed to trust him. Trust him," Kristoff snickers. "That might be a bit far. We never really heard Elsa's side of the story. What gives that captain the right to de-throne Elsa? That shouldn't happen."

Kristoff finishes his mug and slams it on the bar. The server brings him another round.

"I assume this will be on the castle's tab?" The server asks.

Kristoff nods his head and grabs the mug.

"But that man, he could help. Maybe he doesn't even want to help. But... Elsa said she was poisoned. Does that mean he tried to save her? I don't know..."

Kristoff takes another swig of his mug.

"Screw it. It can't get worse," Kristoff sets down his mug and is on a course to the dungeons.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Captain Durr has finished his report and gives it to a messenger.

"Send this out to all the kingdoms to alert them that I have used the Tocia act. I will present the evidence when they reach Arendelle."

The messenger nods then follows his orders. Captain Durr leans back into his chair. He doesn't want to lock up the queen and princess but he is sworn to protect Arendelle. In his mind, this is the best course of action.

He looks out his window to see Kristoff entering the castle.

"I hope you aren't planning on freeing your friends. My guards can stop an ice harvester with little problem at all. Look at what we did to this assassin."

"That was us, actually," a voice says.

Captain Durr pulls out his sword and faces the source of the voice. Three men are standing across the Captain's desk. They all have a mask on, but one looks familiar to the Captain.

"You. You were there when we found (Y/N)."

The Masked Man stays silent.

"My name is Zander. I am here to reclaim what is ours," the one in the middle states.

"That man is a prisoner of Arendelle. He has committed-"

"He is an exile of the Dragon Clan and is wanted across the world. We are requesting him nicely. Please don't make us force you," Zander advises.

The Captain stays silent for a moment before waving his hand for them to follow.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kristoff waited for the change in guards before attempting his rescue. He always knew that the guards left before their replacements showed up. He watches the guards pass him then makes his way to your cell. He uses the keys – which he grabbed from the key holder – to open your cell. He went through three different keys before he was able to unlock your cell.