Chapter 27: Frozen Fever Special

5 Years before Rhaegos' meeting

It's been two months since Viper's attack and Arendelle has never been busier. Even some guards can contend that it's busier now than it was during Elsa's coronation. Over the two months, Arendelle has been attempting to rebuild after the destruction Viper caused. Rapunzel and Eugene convinced the King and Queen of Corona to send aid in the recovery effort. You have been helping out a lot too. Your abilities made it easier. You were focused on fixing the castle. Since you could easily make it to the more difficult areas that were destroyed, a lot of the rooftops and walls were fixed quickly.

You've also been appointed as the temporary Captain of the Guard. Elsa offered the full position to you, but you declined. You'll keep the guards in order and train the new recruits, but you won't stay like this. You already have the unofficial role of being Elsa's personal guard. You won't be juggling all that. You're mainly doing this to find a suitable recruit to lead the guards. Felix would have been your first choice, but that option was long robbed of you.

You had your memorial for them all. You sent all the dead out to sea and lit the boats ablaze. There were dozens of boats for this. Everyone was there, respecting the dead. There were a lot of crying wives and children. A lot of sorrow that day. The only one who wasn't apart of them was Idonis. You already made him a grave.

The downside of all of this is that Elsa has been busy the entire time. Between leading the recovery effort, dealing with the council, and just queenly duties. You two haven't had much time together, if any. You've spent more time with Anna and Kristoff during these two months. You completely understand, of course. You don't expect Elsa to spend all her time with you. Anna even pointed out that you never really pursue time with her, which is good and bad.

It's good because you aren't pestering her. You're not coming off as clingy or needy. You've never even displayed those qualities at all. But it's bad because it kind of shows you don't care enough to go out of your way to spend time with her. You brush that off though. You know exactly why you haven't spent time with Elsa, and it's not because you don't want to. You've both simply had other things to do.

However, there's been something suspicious going on with Elsa. She's been doing something that you know isn't related to the recovery effort at all. She's been planning something in secret. Whenever you, Kristoff, and Anna show up she quickly shoos you away, or hides everything. It's actually peaked your interest, and you're determined to figure out what she's doing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You stand attentively next to Elsa. She's sitting in the queen's chair with her legs crossed and her attention completely focused on the people in front of her. Elsa's attempting to rebuild the council. She's been getting people from all across the lands. Corona has sent over one of their trustworthy councilmen to aid them. Tocia has sent some possible councilmen as well. They have been indebted to Arendelle since Elsa sent some supplies to aid them. It means more to them since Arendelle barely had enough supplies for themselves, and yet they still donated some to Tocia. On top of that, Arendelle's Royal Guard helped save dozens of civilians.

The last councilman finishes his speech. Elsa bows her head.

"Thank you very much. Thank you all for your interest in Arendelle's council. Please, our staff will find you all a place to sleep tonight. I'll let you know my final decision by the end of the week."