Case2: New Partner

"This is your new colleague Kim Seungmin that was sent from the drug department, he had been ordered to be your partner from now on."

Seungmin had brown hair with a cute face. He extended his hand and smiled warmly, waiting for him to shake his hand. Felix overthrew him from head to toe, He was always like that, he hated new people.

"Um yea....Detective Lee is a bit shy but don't  worry he's so kind."

Chan said and left those two alone, Seungmin never stopped smiling, He wanted to make a good impression on Felix. Black haired also tried to smile, he didn't really hate anyone, but it was hard for him to communicate.

" I'm really happy to work with you, It's such an honor for me Detective Lee."

Seungmin said excitedly, he was like those teenage girls who met their favorite idol. Felix found his expression funny, he laughed and looked at Seungmin's profile sheet.

"You are only a few days younger than me, please call me Felix."

Seungmin eyes sparkled, He nodded and looked around, everything was so new and appealing to him.

"Yes sir...Felix."

Felix smirked, Seungmin looked like a cute energetic puppy. Maybe after working alone for so long, having a partner wasn't a bad thing.

"Did they give you all the information about the case?"

Seungmin nodded. He knew everything about the case, maybe even more than Felix.

"I read all the police investigations."

Felix looked at the board he had made for himself with pictures of dead bodies and locations.

"Here you can see the things I have collected and add anything if you..."

One of the policemen came in quickly, he was panting. Felix understood the matter  as soon as he saw that look in his face.

"Sir another body has been founded..."

----------------------

When they arrived at the crime scene, The police tried to disperse the crowd, they let Felix and Seungmin pass. People were saying things under their breath, They were mostly unhappy with how police still hadn't found the culprit after all this time. It was when something caught Felix's attention. Instead of a spider lily, there was another flower on the body's chest.

Felix felt a chill down his spine as he got closer. There was a black eyed Susan, Felix's favorite flower. He was confused for a few seconds, no one but his mother and Chan knew what his favorite flower was.

Seungmin stared at Felix, he watched his every move. The forensic doctor approached them to tell them the details.

"Detective Lee and you must be the new one, I'm Mingi."

Felix was in his own mind, the victim was a young boy and that flower was exactly like the flower that his mother bought for him when he got promotion in his job, he was a little worried, but he couldn't draw conclusions anytime soon.

"The victim's name is Park Jeho, he was twenty-four years old, theater student. The approximate time of death is 12 midnight. As usual, he was poisoned and his heart was stolen. Unlike in the past, there are effects of the conflict, bruises can be seen on his neck and the flower isn't like the previous flowers....I will tell you the rest of the details with more research.

Felix approached and sat on his knees, carefully looking at the corpse. It was clear that this was a message for Felix. The murdered boy resembled Felix in many ways, such as age, hair color and skin color.

Felix looked at the heart's empty place, the wounds were a little more sloppy than last time, as if he had to do it quickly.

He took out his notebook and wrote down some things, his heart was racing, he had a feeling that the killer knew everything about him.

"Sir are you ok?"

Seungmin asked worriedly, Felix got up and looked around the street for evidence. It was a crowded street, how could no one have been here and seen anything at that time. He ordered the officers to look for witnesses. His brain didn't understand a few things, he closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Let's go."

On the way, Felix hit to a little boy with a lot of papers in his hands, the boy apologized and gave one of the papers to Felix as he left quickly.

Felix smiled and looked at the paper, his smile faded when he read it. The advertisement sheet of the theater belonged to a boy who was murdered. It was written under the name of the theater:"if you don't find the heart by Tuesday, you have to find two hearts."

--------------------

One day had passed since the last murder, He put the new photos on the board and turned to the others who were sitting, He put the evidence in the plastic on the table.

"I am his target."

Everyone looked at each other, Chan anxiously waiting to hear Felix's words.

"Red Lycoris believes that his murders are kinda art, he is a self-confident person, but in this murder....He isn't satisfied with his work, as if he didn't enjoy it. The wounds are caused by violence, without delicacy and accuracy. He usually spends hours on his work, but this one wasn't like them.

and why?

Because this murder was just a message from the killer to me that he accepted my invitation to play.

And Susan? which is a symbol of justice, It's my favorite flower, Right in the empty space that I'm sure he wants me to find the place of the missing heart, like a hide and seek...."

Everyone was staring at him in surprise, Seungmin was amazed at the boy's intelligence. How did he understand this in one day?

"How did you know that he wants you to find the heart?"

Felix ran his hand through his hair, all these events made the blood in his veins flow more, he couldn't lie, he was enjoying this.

"Look at the theater sheet, This was the name of the last play Jeho wrote for his new theater "Can you bring  my heart back?" The show was supposed to be performed next week but...well i suppose I only have time till next Tuesday"

Felix put the script of the play on the table, he still had no answer as to why the killer had used violence this time. There were many things that hadn't been resolved yet. How there were no witnesses, it wasn't recorded in any camera either.

"He is a powerful person, not like those simple cowardly criminals, And he's not alone, He displays his works like a work of art because he is proud of them. Based on the marks on the victims bodies, we are certain that he is or was a medical student. I want you to check the records of medical students in Seoul universities again, this time more accurate...Most in the upper year students and the ones who graduated, see where they are working"

Felix took his seat as he took a deep breath. Chan ordered everyone to go for investigate. Seungmin put the coffee mug in front of Felix.

"Wooow sir you gonna catch him real soon."

Felix laughed mockingly, each step closer seemed to get further away. He didn't know why he didn't feel good about the progress he had made, as if he was going according to what Red Lycoris wanted.

"Nothing new...Even a child could find this out, each time we go back to the first place, the main question is how to find the place of the heart, surely if I don't succeed, more people will die..."

.
..
...
*Are you excited? You can guess what will happen:)