Case45: Numb

Felix found himself sitting on the hospital bed with all the doctors and nurses surrounding him, checking his condition.

he didn't feel anything anymore, He was staring at the wall in front of him, he couldn't hear the doctors asking him questions, the voices in his head were so deafening, he hadn't spoken a word since he was taken out of the building, he could only feel the warm tears falling from his eyes.

Everyone was shocked when his identity was confirmed, everyone thought Detective Lee Felix was dead but there he was.

Felix was no different from a dead man, he was waiting to wake up from this damn nightmare and see Hyunjin next to him smiling, saying that he's here forever and it was just a nightmare.

When the nurses left the room, Felix was staring at the serum tube in his hand, counting the seconds without Hyunjin.

By now, it had been 18000 seconds since Hyunjin was gone, Every second that passed it became more painful, he didn't want to go back to his previous life.

The thought of where Hyunjin was now occupied his whole mind, eating him slowly, he didn't pay attention to the door's sound.

When the door opened, Chan came in, his eyes filled with tears, he had a rough time, he didn't stop looking for months even when everyone accepted Felix's death.

"Oh my god...Felix."

Chan said with a trembling voice and came close to him, he couldn't believe that Felix was alive. No news in his entire life could make him this happy.

"You're alive..."

Chan put his hand over his eyes to wipe away his tears. Felix didn't show any reaction, he just stared at him, the doctors had told Chan that he couldn't talk because of the shock.

"I'm so happy.... you're back."

Chan said and placed his hand on Felix's cold hand, his skin was as cold as ice and he rarely blinked.

It might seem funny, but Felix wasn't happy at all to come back. He couldn't remember anything now, but a feeling told him that he missed Chan a lot before, well he couldn't feel it now.

"Don't worry, I talked to the doctors, they said if you are in a familiar environment, it will help you to recover, you will be discharged from the hospital in a few days, I told them you will stay with me during this time."

In fact, Chan had a guilty conscience for not being able to save Felix, there wasn't a day that went by and he didn't curse himself for it.

He wanted to do his best to make it up for him, he had promised to take care of Felix, but he fucked up, if he wasn't too busy, maybe this wouldn't have happened. if he hadn't let Felix be responsible for this case, he wouldn't be in such a great pain now.

Felix didn't look like the person he used to know, as if he didn't know him anymore, his look was devoid of emotions.

Felix wanted to leave here as soon as possible, but where could he go? He had nowhere to go, no reason to go.

His memory was erasing his precious memories from his mind, all the people were strangers to him, he knew Chan but he didn't remember what role he had in his life, as if everything in his mind was splitting apart.

Chan sighed and moved closer to Felix, kissing his forehead, he was worried, He didn't know what had happened to him, and what he had been through but it didn't seemed to heal anytime soon.

Oh, if only Chan knew Felix had become such a different person, if only he knew during this time he was the happiest person on earth and now everything had been turned to dust.

He hadn't even had the chance to take Hyunjin to the cinema, he had told him that he never went to the cinema, that's why Felix wanted to take him there for their next date, he hadn't even had the chance to cook for him, go shopping with him. Stupid Felix thought he had a lot of time.

But where were they now?

The sun was slowly rising, its light was shining through the window, but nothing but black for Felix.

"You should sleep a little mate."

Chan said and sat down on the chair next to Felix, not intending to leave him alone.

what was sleeping? Wasn't he stuck in his nightmare right now, waiting to wake up, what did Chan mean by sleep?

Haha funny, his dream was as long as real life, it was very real.

He should put these thoughts away from himself, if Hyunjin saw him like this, he would definitely get that disgusted look, the one he always used to give when he saw pink color.

His tears again, no not again. Why the sea of ​​tears didn't have an end? He wanted to cry so much until he drown in it.

"Lixie... I'm here, don't cry, everything gonna be ok."

Again, these lies, why did everyone lie to him, why the fuck it hurt so much, no physical pain could be this painful for him.

He closed his eyes tightly, he wanted to try to sleep, no, he couldn't sleep at all, how could he let himself sleep when Hyunjin was suffering.

He just had to be patient, yes, everything would be fine if he could calm down, He didn't know how, but he wanted to fix everything.

Every second, he had thousands of different thoughts, all of them rushed to his brain and didn't leave.

Chan placed his hands on Felix's bed and gently stroked his fingers, remembering that he used to sing to Felix when he was upset.

"Well, you done done me in, you bet I felt it.
I tried to be chill, but you're so hot that I melted...."

Chan started to sing Felix's favorite song under his breath, he used to sing this song to Felix whenever he couldn't sleep at nights.

"I fell right through the cracks
Now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out..."

Chan continued singing, Felix's brain stopped thinking for a few seconds, like cold water on the fire.

Chan's voice was familiar to him, very familiar. He remembered a few memories of Chan sitting next to him and singing this song to him, patting his head.

Felix closed his eyes and tried to move his heavy hand even though it was hard for him, he held Chan's warm hand tightly.

Surprised, Chan smiled and rested his head on Felix's hand, he missed Felix so much,

"I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn
To win some or learn some
But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours."

.
..
...
* I don't know why I can't add YouTube videos here, anyways, watch Bang Chan singing I'm yours if you like*