Case 25: Lilly Garden

It seemed to be a basement, but not a normal basement, there was a large greenhouse.

Felix couldn't believe his eyes, a greenhouse filled with red spider lilies, The same flowers that were on the corpses, Felix had never thought of them except as a useless evidence.

The soft orange sunrise light fell on them from the windows and made them look even redder.

The hot humid greenhouse's air hit his skin, the smell of wet soil filled his nose, it was like the gardens in fairytales, so beautiful and unreal.

"Wooow."

Felix mumbled and walked over the rocks to the middle of the garden, Hyunjin was staring at younger's surprised face with interest, He was pleased that he had impressed Felix.

"You know they guide us to our next life."

Hyunjin said and bent down for a minute to check the condition of the flowers he was cultivating. In the Japanese tales, It was said that they feed on the blood of dead people buried in cemeteries. Seeing the red view in front of his eyes, Felix thought it was true, as red as blood.

He swallowed his saliva hardly, keeping his head down to avoid looking at Hyunjin's gaze.

"Wh...why did you killed them...?"

Felix finally had the courage to ask this question, he didn't want to play the fool role anymore, he had to understand everything.

Hyunjin ran his hand over the petal of one of the lilies, finally he wanted to talk about it, Where should he start so as not to scare his little angel?

"It was their wish darling."

It was hard for Felix to breathe, as if invisible hands were around his neck, suffocating him, He couldn't understand what Hyunjin was saying.

"What do you...mean?"

Felix was confused even more, Hyunjin chuckled, he was sure that his point of view wasn't easily understood by others.

"Life is a incomparable opportunity that should be taken away when someone doesn't want it. "

Felix frowned at Hyunjin's words, gave him a pitiful look and shook his head, It seems ridiculous to him.

"You asshole you think you're a god or something? you can't decide for people death."

Hyunjin laughed. Why Felix used to open his mouth without thinking? Someday his tongue will cut his throat.

"God? What god Felix? If I wanted to play the role of God, I would have sit somewhere  watching them from afar, wouldn't I? This is what God does."

He was right, he believed that what people called god was nothing but a superstition, It was only something that they could take refuge in when they were sad and miserable, because humans couldn't do anything by themselves.

In fact, nothing has gone the way Felix wanted in his life so far, if he had let his guard down a little and listened to him impartially, he would have understood that he wasn't just a psychopath murderer.

"And if you listened correctly, I said, this was their wish, you can consider me as...hm what should i say....oh maybe an angel of death? who only grants one wish from these Inferior humans."

Hyunjin thought about all of his victims, they had lives that were extremely painful, none of them wanted to go on but at the same time they were afraid of killing themselves.

Hyunjin remembered the scars on Nina's wrists, she was as beautiful as a swan, a girl who should have received nothing but the affection and love, But instead, her life was so black that she was looking for a white death, so Hyunjin gave it to her.

"You can hate me as much as you want darling, Yes, I love to kill people, an irrational madman huh? We are all the same here.

And guess what? Your God is not going to punish those who hurt you or make a beautiful life for those who had a hard life."

Hyunjin said and bent down, picked up a small red lily and gave it to Felix. Hyunjin was trying to make the world a better place, even if his method was a crime in the eyes of others. less human, better world.

He loved to see the life slowly go out of a person's warm body, he loved to see the light go from their eyes.

Younger took the flower with trembling hands, he couldn't look into Hyunjin's eyes, he was afraid that his words to be true.

He didn't know how to react to what he heard, he needed to think for a few hours, but despite everything, the fact that he was a murderer couldn't be changed.

"The hearts....where are they..?"

Felix asked, he didn't understand why Hyunjin would do this, he had a good life and also an awsome job, why should he?

"We donate them."

Hyunjin laughed like a total maniac, he looked like kids who want to make up a bad deed with a good deed.

He was really sick, he had already controlled himself so much that he wouldn't break this little canary's neck right here.

"You're still a fucking murderer..."

Felix said with tears in his eyes, if he hated Hyunjin so much, why would he be so desperate for him? The answer was very clear.

Deep down

those two were really similar.

Hyunjin took Felix's small hands in his and raised his eyebrows, younger's hands were like ice, Hyunjin still had that sick smirk on his face.

"So? Detective, you think I don't know you always beat criminals to death before sending them to prison? To calm your conscience and feel good? You enjoy it don't you? Angel, it won't take long for you to become one of us."

Hyunjin knew everything about him, and Felix would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy torturing each and every one of them before their trials.

Although Felix considered himself as a guilty monster too, he deserved to be punished, maybe that's why he didn't want to leave here, he felt good here, he liked to suffer and beg, he liked that his physical pain was more than his mental pain.

"I know you like it here..."

.
..
...
*Should delete the whole story.... I'm overthinking that it's not good:)*