Case8: the Fool

Felix stayed up all night, he couldn't sleep after Hyunjin's words. Maybe he was right, Felix was looking for the sidelines so much that he stayed away from the main points.

On the other hand, he couldn't stop thinking about Hyunjin. He was a scary person, he was more like those deceiving devils who buy humans souls.

Hyunjin was playing with Felix's mind in every way, even touching their bodies had made Felix unable to think straight. As much as he hated him being mysterious, at the same time he was attracted to it.

At the end of the party, Hyunjin asked Felix to tell him if he could help in the case, he even gave his number. That man had a really busy life, he spends his whole days in the hospital, but he still wanted to help others.

He didn't want to tell anyone, but he was suspicious of Hyunjin, he had checked his entire daily schedule from hospital to see where he was at the time of the murders, but he didn't see anything strange. Maybe it wasn't right to suspect everyone.

Felix stared at his phone screen, at Hyunjin's name to be exact. Something in his heart wanted to call him right now and talk to him for no reason, how ridiculous and childish.

He was listening to the ticking of the wall clock in his room, he was just waiting for the sun ro rise up, he wanted to go after the boy that Nina went with.

During these hours, he felt a little lonely, he wished there was someone by his side to hug him, to take him away from his job and the deadly thoughts in his brain, but no, he was used to this loneliness. He couldn't have anyone, he wasn't built for love, he couldn't trust anyone.

As if he was condemned to this life, not that he was unhappy, he just wanted to be able to feel the good things too.

As the soft light passed through his window, his finger was slightly raised towards the light, The yellow and orange tone of the morning sun had filled the whole lonely room.

He wished the sun would shine only for him today.

-----------------------

"This boy Yang Jeongin has no criminal records, he is a simple driver. He is an exemplary employee in the company he works for, He is so reliable that he is given the responsibility of driving for very important people. It is impossible that he did that..."

Oh and We also talked to her parents, they didn't say anything special, most of the time they were at work and didn't pay attention to their daughter at all."

Seungmin said, speeding up his steps towards the big building in front of them. Felix crumpled the empty cup of strawberry milk in his hand. He was so distrustful of everyone that he thought everyone was a fucking murderer.

"At the moment, he is the main suspect, the last person who saw her, even if he is not the one we are looking for, he surely knews something"

Felix took a deep breath and entered the police station, He greeted everyone with a smile and took the file from Jisung's hand

"Is he here?"

Jisung nodded, Felix arched his body, Seuengmin tried to look very serious when they entered the room.

Jeongin was sitting on a chair. He had black hair and eyes shape like a fox, Felix could tell that he was an orderly person from his neat clothes and his hair. He followed all Felix's movements with his eyes.

"Goddman I told your colleagues once, I did not kill Nina, how many times should i repeat?"

This amount of anger was understandable, but not for Felix. He smiled and shook his head, he didn't go easy on the people he was interrogating with, it didn't matter if they were guilty or not.

"Mr.Yang Our main discussion here is about Nina, I really don't think you're that much important to prove yourself to me, hm? We will get to you later, no need to rush."

Jeongin frowned and tilted his head slightly, ran his tongue over his lips and stared at two detectives. Felix grinned and asked Seungmin to start.

"Ok Mr.Yang. As you said, you were close to her, right? How did you meet Nina?."

Jeongin didn't take his eyes off Felix, he raised his eyebrows and put his hands on the table.

"I met her online, Nina was really talented, I was a fan of her painting style, that's when we became friends. It is true that we have not known eachother for a long time, but I asked her to go on a date. She was struggling with depression, she was bullied a lot at school."

Felix noted in his notebook, it was interesting to him, almost everyone who was close to Nina knew she was being bullied at school but did nothing about it. Jeongin looked very calm, as if he wasn't upset about Nina's death at all.

"As you know, from the school cameras and witnesses, Nina left school with you for the last time. Where did you take her?"

Jeongin played with his nails a little, looked into Felix's piercing eyes, and then at Seungmin.

"She said she wanted to see one of her friends, I just took her there, I even gave the address of where she went to your colleagues. I had work to do, so I couldn't stay."

Felix ran his hand through his hair, it was just getting interesting. The fact that Jeongin wanted to acquit himself made them doubt him even more.

"Yea... you see the address you gave, no one lives in that building. It's empty.....didn't she mention who's her friend?"

Felix said with a smile on his face, he was sure that Jeongin was lying. He hid many things behind the mask of being the best employee and acting like a good person.

"Wha...what? no I don't know.... I can swear... she went in there...."

Seungmin looked at Felix, he seemed to be enjoying this situation. Felix glanced at the things on the paper in his hand and laughed under his breath.

"Well you said before, you just took her and didn't see where she went, now you said you saw her go in.....interesting isn't it?"

Jeongin looked at Felix with a frustrated look, he was losing his patience, He had said more than he should have. He tried to show himself calmly.

"I had a shift after that, it's recorded everywhere, I didn't kill anyone, you fuckers."

Felix got up, it was like a piece of cake to trap a mouse like him. He thought Jeongin definitely knew something about Red Lycoris, that killer wouldn't be caught that easily, probably he was one of his workers.

"I suggest you to ask for a lawyer, And try to work on your attitude, you know, It's nothing for me to make you guilty even if you haven't done any fucking thing."

Felix muttered the last part of his words and pointed to the police who were standing behind them to arrest him. Seungmin's jaw was dropped, he didn't know felix was such a badass.

Jeongin tried to free himself, he was frustrated and red from anger, there were two people behind him to guide him where to go, he resisted and when he got close to Felix, he grinned and placed his lips close to his ears, whispering.

"Now i see why my boss likes you, you're so entertaining."

Jeongin licked his bottom lip, making Felix shiver and left the room with the pressure of the agents, Felix's smile faded. 

Once again, everything went according to Red Lycoris plan.

.
..
...
*Guys believe me, you're gonna love Jeongin in this fiction..