Case9: Waste

"We will lose this court due to lack of evidence. Jeongin's colleagues said they will testify that they saw him and No one but you has heard about what he said to you, so it is not a solid proof. He hasn't spoken a single word since we spoke to him, what should we do now?"

Seungmin ran his hand through his hair, looking for something important between the files. Felix put the end of his pen between his teeth and stared at the board in front of him.

He thought about how Red Lycoris was monitoring his every move like a stalker. His subordinates were everywhere, It didn't take more than a few seconds for him to destroy Felix's whole existence, just like Changbin.

"Did you bring me the list of people that Jeongin was driving that day?"

Seungmin got up, he needed to rest, he couldn't imagine how Felix endures these things every day.

"They said their client list is confidential, it is a private company But we got permission from the court to investigate."

Seungmin took out a list from his bag and gave it to Felix. He looked for the specific day and date, Jeongin had two shifts that day.

"I want you to find these two names for me, full information."

Seungmin nodded and took the paper. Felix stretched his body and went to the detention center, he saw Jeongin sitting on the floor singing under his breath. He was kept here until the court date.

Felix sat behind the bars in front of Jeongin, younger opened one of his eyes and glanced at Felix from head to toe, then closed his eyes again and continued singing. Black haired looked at the handcuffs around Jeongin's hands.

"Isn't it sad that a successful person like you spends his days here?"

Jeongin was silent for a few seconds, looked at the cameras that were up to the ceiling, and shook his head.

"Detective, what happened, i thought I'm not that important? you want me to say something to use it against me in court?"

Felix thought that even Red Lycoris  subordinates were strange and unpredictable people as him, Jeongin was sitting so comfortably as if he knew what was going to happen.

"Mr. Yang, you still don't matter to me even a single bit, if I wanted to get something out of you, we would be sitting in the interrogation room right now...I'm here to talk"

Jeongin rolled his eyes, he found felix really annoying. He was enjoying being alone but Felix, that pesky little mouse.

"You know you sound cocky as fuck."

Jeongin looked at him with his deadly fox like eyes. Felix laughed under his breath, he wanted to act like a good cop today, but it seemed like the boy sitting in front of him didn't deserve his good behavior.

"Listen here you little shit, Where is your bastard boss?"

Jeongin's eyes sparkled, he turned his head towards Felix as he was sitting and laughed, he didn't want to pity Jeongin at all, that's why he came here alone.

"You look like a little pathetic bitch who's winning for his dick.....find him by yourself."

Jeongin said smirking, Felix nodded and smiled, got up and took a white cloth from his pocket and tied it around his hand, slowly went to the door where Jeongin was captured and opened it with the key.

Felix didn't want to use violence, but if he wanted to confess something as a policeman, he would say that the law is never going to take all your revenge from the guilty.

If he wanted to make another confession, he had experienced such intense stress in these days that he would liked to release it on someone.

He closed the door behind him and approached, Joengin wasn't laughing anymore, he didn't know what Felix wanted to do.

"You see, Those cameras aren't going to record anything in the few minutes I'm here."

Felix looked at yonger who was trying to get his hand out of the handcuffs, he went near him and punched him hard in the face. Jeongin yelped in pain.

Felix sighed, nothing could really make his day as beautiful as this, it's true that he couldn't have Red Lycoris himself right now, but one of his bitches was also precious.

Felix laughed and bent down to see Jeongin's face, Seeing the fist mark on his cheek, he pouted his lips.

"Your face really looks like idols, I don't want to punch you."

Felix immediately punched Jeongin hard in the stomach, causing him to fall to the ground. He closed his eyes as he gasped in pain.

"I haven't even started yet, why did you fall so soon?"

Felix put his boot on Jeongin's head and pressed, laughing maniacally. The faces of Jeho, Nina and Changbin were repeating in his brain, it was true that Jeongin wasn't the killer, but he didn't know why this was so relaxing.

Jeongin opened his eyes, the pressure of Felix's foot on his head was unbearable. He spat The blood in his mouth that was mixed with his saliva as he smiled.

"Look at you, so eager to get killed by him."

Jeongin said and laughed, his body was numb from the pain, It didn't matter how much he was beaten or whatever trouble Felix wanted to bring to him, he wasn't going to say anything.

Felix clicked his tongue, He wrapped his hand around Jeongin's neck and squeezed hard.

"Maybe..... I deserve to die, but they were all fucking innocent, you crazy basterds."

Felix wasn't really afraid of death, his life wasn't what he wanted since he was a child, he wasn't a good person to say that the world would be a cold place without him, no, he was a piece of shit just like others.

He came to himself and saw Jeongin was fainting from lack of air, he quickly removed his hand from around his neck.

Felix got up, he didn't regret that he almost killed him, even if Jeongin wasn't the main player, but he was the one who brought Nina to the hands of the devil, what a pathetic shit.

Jeongin coughed, his whole body was shaking, trying to catch his breath, he looked at Felix and a smile appeared on his face.

"You will pay for what you just did."

Felix punched Jeongin on the face one last time, he opened the door and went out, locking the door behind him and took a deep breath.

Good and kind cops existed only in movies. In reality, everything was many times more painful.

He came out of the room and handed over the keys to the Jisung who was at the door and thanked him.

"Don't let Chan found about it ok?"

He nodded, Seungmin ran towards him, Felix put his left hand on his back to remove the white cloth that was now bloodied.

"Sir sir...i mean Felix.....One of the two.... Of those who were driven by Jeongin, One of them has all the characteristics that we are looking for.....i checked now he's working in Seoul Hospital....i guess we got him!"