Chapter - 18

Recap: Janaki and Raghu are furious that Prakash did not turn up for marriage.

***********************

Janaki slumped on the couch crying and Raghu raged towards Sudhir and held his collars.

Ragh: Where is Prakash ? Why did you not tell us if he did not return with you ?

Sha: Sir, he came with us and went for some urgent work mid day. Morning too I received a call from him that he is on way. If you want please check my mobile. Later Sudhir got his message that he is not willing to get married and called us back without anyone knowing. But my heart did not let me do that so I informed Janaki madam about this. We are sorry for what Prakash did.

Ragh: Where did he go last night ?

Sha: I don't know sir. He said about meeting his friend in business. I don't know anything else.

Relative woman: This was expected that marrige won't happen. Good thing that boy ran away instead of getting killed.

woman 2 : She is not lucky to get married. She is just curse in this family.

woman 3 : I think you should better get Ramya married and ignore her. 

woman: Stop looking groom for her and don't kill anymore innocent men just for your princess.

Raghu: Enough not a word against my daughter. He was coward and ran away and my daughter has nothing to do in this. 

For the first time Abhi did not feel bad for the taunts. She was happy that Prakash ran away and she can be relaxed until she gets her parents convinced for marrying Vetri though she had to hear those taunting words in the mean time. She was also happy that Prakash just ran way unlike previous times when the men lost their lives. 

She stood with a plain face not expressing anything on her face. Janaki hugged her and Ramya too hugged her.

Woman 1: Just because you raise your voice that doesn't turn the truth into lie. She is cursed girl that is the reality and accept it. 

Woman 2 : We wasted our time even when we know that this marriage won't happen.

Suddenly a loud voice boomed in the living getting everyone's attention. " This marriage will happen "

Vetri walked in a casul shirt and pant and stood before Raghu and Madhimaran.

Vet: Sir, once you said that your daughter's happiness matters most and you will not consider about anything else. If you really meant it let me marry her. 

Raghu: What nonsense are you talking ?

Vet: I m talking in my sense. I like her a lot. I may not be rich like you but I m not scared of life and I can protect her. If you want to stop all these accusations on your daughter and if you want to see your daughter married rather than seeing her broken from all these happenings let this marriage happen. Or if you consider your status and class then I will leave this place. I can't work here anymore after expressing my wish for your daughter and you rejecting it.

Abhi Mv: Adapavi idhu eppo da plan panne....god, please let dad and mom accept to him. Please ...what should I react now.....Should I speak and express my love for Vetri....What if I spoil his plans by saying the truth... Let me wait...until then hold a blank face Abhi....

Raghu: Its not about status or class, we don't know you completely. We made a random check on you just for employment so how can we get my daughter married to you. Lets stop this talk right now and let my daughter get out this first.

Madhimaran: No Raghu, lets end this and I don't find any reason to reject his proposal. He saved our Abhi twice so why can't we believe him. He is an orphan and we can be his family after marriage and he can stay with us or anywhere they wish.