Chapter - 35

Recap: Vetri finds the evidences from Maha's room and later he arrives at the orphanage for investigation

*********************

Vetri looked at the mirror and checked his big moustache and beard and adjusted his turban. He moved to the back of the car and carried the boxes from the trunk and walked inside the orphanage. A peon helped him to carry the box to the office and Vetri was welcomed by a old lady sitting behind the desk with her name " Maria " displayed on the table.

Maria: Welcome to Good will sir.

Vet: Hello madam my name is Sarthak, I m settled in chennai and heard about this orphanage so thought of giving a hand of help to the children here. 

Maria: Thank you so much Mr. Sarthak. People like you keep the love still alive on the earth. 

Vet: Can I know about this orphanage ?

Mar: Sure, we have over 1300 children here. Many people like you keep helping us which make our living easy. Infact we have orphanages connected all over India with us. We help them too with what we receive here.

Vet: Actually I run a company and I want to make sure that the profit will benefit you. Can you help me on doing it ?

Mar: Sure, Infact we have 2 more companies which are sharing their profits with us. Abhi groups is the top one and this orphanage was actually in verge of shutting without funds. Mrs. Maha, wife of CEO of Abhi groups came forward and it was she who created this Good will a huge tree of shelter for children all over India. She made sure of bringing genuine people to run this even after death which we are doing still.

Vet: Good to hear about her. If you don't mind can you tell me about her ?

Mar: Why do you want to know about her ? I m sorry please...

Maria tried to leave the place but Vetri stopped her.

Vet: As an IPS officer I hold every right to question you on Mrs. Maha and I believe you respect her and help me to save her daughter's life which is now in danger. Won't you save her daugter when she came forward to save thousands of children across the country ?

Mar: Who are you and what do you mean by Abhi's life in danger ?

Vet: So you know Abhi ? Fine then, I m Vetri cheziyan IPS. Abhi is my wife. You should be aware of the cases which is threatening Abhi.

Vetri removed his fake moustache, beard and turban. He showed his and Abhi's wedding photo to Maria which brought a smile on her face.

Mar: How much she has grown now, my ammu she is beautiful just like her mother. what do you want to know Vetri ?

Vet: Why was she suddenly interested in this orphanage and when did you meet her last before her death ?

Mar: She was in depression and came here for peace. She found relief spending time with these children. Slowly she started spending more time here after sending Abhi to school. Even she used to bring Abhi here on weekends and holidays. Abhi used to play with the children here. The day before her death Maha came here and I saw a confusion, fear and threat on her face. I asked her about it but she said that even in her absence this orphanage will run without any problem and she has done everything for that.

Only after her death I came to know that a share of the profit was transferred to our orphanage.

Vet: Did you receive any threat for the profit being shared after her death ?

Mar: I would n't say threat from Abhi group but we faced threats from others like politician, rowdies to vacate this place but after a period everything stopped like a miracle.