02 | Sign

Sienna's POV

I enter the school. While walking to my locker my phone rings. I take it from my back pocket and unlock it. Seeing a message from Cheryl.

Cherry🍒: I won't be able to make it to our English lesson. :( u will need to survive it without me

Cherry🍒: I will come somewhere between the second and third period

The first class of the day and alone? And it's damn Monday too.

Me: What happened?

Cherry🍒: My fucking car broke 🙄

Me: Use your feet?

Cherry🍒: No! The car was a sign for me not to go. I must respect that

Me: bitch

Cherry🍒: love u <3

I close my phone.

Cheryl is a senior and I'm a junior but we share English and History classes. We always get through them together since we don't like it and it seems the English don't like us. Today the universe changed our plans. And I fucking hope the car was a good sign.

★ ★ ★

I wait patiently for the lesson to begin. Praying this day will go as fast as possible.

I hate school. Who doesn't?

However, it wasn't such a pain in the ass as before. I used to have everything ready and done by the deadline and had A's and B's. Sometimes C's but never lower than that. I was doing good.

But then mom and father happened. And I stayed up all night because of their arguments. The whole mood in the house changed so did mine. I couldn't focus on studying anymore. I was stressed the whole time, waiting at the door and listening in case my dad would attack my mom.

I have this weird thing when he shouts or is angry my heart starts beating very fast and my arms shake. Hell, even if he enters the house or I hear him close my heart skips a beat, in a bad way of course.

And again just like school, they weren't like this before. We were family. Good family. We joked, and spend time together. We were happy. But something happened and both of them snapped.

Even when we were happy they weren't perfect. Dad easily got angry and shouted at the smallest mistake I made. Mom, on the other hand, used to take money away from me.

But I did rather have them shout at me and take my money than this.

I truly don't love any of them. But I like mom more. Way more. Even though she wasn't the best when I had issues with me eating.

You see, sometimes I have this time when I simply don't eat, and everything is disgusting to me. And mom doesn't get that. I know she wants the best for me and wants me to eat. I know that. Well, one time she snapped so much that she said "Then just die then!". She called me names too. But so did my dad.

I realized really late that my family was fucked up.

A shadow fell upon me. "Hi."

I focus my eyes on a person standing by my table, smiling. His dimples showing.

When I don't answer he asks, "Can I sit with you?"

Confusion covers my face. There is a whole desk where nobody is sitting. "Why?"