10 | Threat

Sienna's POV

3 days passed since the dinner with Adwells.

Since then I was feeling an immense change in my mood.

I liked the new, fresh change. It made me feel better. Alive even.

I was just walking home from Cheryl's house. My eyes found their way to the sky above.

The moon shines bright in the night sky. A beautiful gem in the darkness. The stars twinkle beside the moon, none of them as bright as it. The moon is full, radiant as ever. Though it will disappear soon, it will still be there.

I take a deep breath and a florid scent fills my nose. I observe clumps of bushes, barely visible alongside the fences of someone's property.

The moon starts to fade, not as bright as it was. The sounds of the night get quieter snd quieter. The darkness lightens. The wind begins to rest. The trees stop swaying and are now still.

I halt when I hear rustling in the alleyway. I'm not fazed.

I turn my head and sigh.

For fucks sake. Not again.

I step closer. "Are you fucking serious?"

The figure jumps and spins around.
"Sienna!"

"Hello to you too, Alex." I raise my brow.

His head drops.

"You look terrible," I comment.

He sarcastically chuckles. "Thank you."

"You have to stop. Immediately."

He shakes his head. "You don't know everything, you only see half the picture."

"I know enough to understand what you're doing is wrong" I stood shivering in the cold. My wool hoodie barely protected me from the numbing cold, but I could care less.

"And what is it you believe I'm doing exactly?"

"Doing fucking drugs and destroying yourself with them!" I struggled to make out his figure in the night, barely seeing a shadow behind the light that pierced through the night and illuminated me.

"I...I..." He sighed. His fingers grabbed onto his hair and slightly pulled. "I can't fucking stop. It's even worse while I'm here. With parents, Kane, and Lili. All of them asking about college and my life all the time. Proudly telling their friends about their golden, oldest boy." His voice shook. "Now the fucking dealer won't stop fucking contacting me. I wanted to cut it off. But he won't let me. And my fucking addiction won't fucking let me."

My heart skips a beat. "What do you mean he won't let you?"

"He is fucked up. Here." He points at his head. "He has only 2 clients. One of them is me. And he won't let go of his money maker. That asshole threatened me he would find my family."

I shake my head. "He is bluffing. He's desperate for money that's why he says that--"

"I don't want to risk it!" Alex sobs. "I can't. I don't care if he is or isn't. I'm not risking to see if that is true or not."

I nod. "Okay yeah. What about the police?"

He snorts. Wiping his tears away. "They might or might not help. Nonetheless, I would be going behind the bars with that asshole."

Fuck.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I try to think hard. I can't let Kane's brother end up like this. I have to do something. Anything. I already feel guilty enough.