21 | Weak

Sienna's POV:

Alex finishes his explanation. "I'm so fucking sorry. I was so out of my mind I shouldn't have hidden the drugs on you. I will do anything you ask me to for you to even slightly forgive me."

"Well..." I start, by carefully choosing my vocabulary so that not every third word is a swear word directed at him and his actions. Might be impossible. "And you decided to wait for a little over 2 months when you knew I was here." I look him in the eye. "And don't even try to tell me you didn't tell them the truth."

He quickly shakes his head. "No, no. Of course, I told them the truth. I have already been on a lie detector and described the men to the police." He comes closer to me. "And why it took me 2 months? Because I'm fucking pussy and coward."

I nod. "That you are."

Does this mean they will release me? I sit straighter. "So that means I'm proven innocent?"

"Yes."

I look at him but he avoids eye contact. I scowl. "And you?"

He sits down beside me. "From this case? I'm innocent but that doesn't change anything about me consuming illegal drugs and buying them."

I frowned upon that.

"Hey but it's not worse than the trail the 3 dudes will get alongside their boss." He jokes.

I give him unimpressed look.

"I got charged with possession of drugs, but I convinced the police that it was for my own “immediate personal use”."

"But?" I push.

His corners lift in a small smile. "I will have to convince the court to think that too. The drugs they found us with are also helpful because the dose is the perfect amount for personal use. That means there's no reason for them to think I have more to be able to sell them. They already searched mine and your room for more drugs but didn't find any."

My eyes widen. "They searched my room?"

He looks at me with a confused expression. "You were hiding something?"

I shake my head. "No! But now I have this feeling what if there was something suspicious even though I know I don't have anything hidden there."

Alex grins his shoulder shaking with silent laughter. "Don't worry, they declared that nothing was found."

I sigh in relief.

"So it's over?"

He sinks deeper into the couch. "Not exactly. There's still court we must attend. However, nothing is indicating we are guilty. So I wouldn't fear anything."

I nod and we both fall into a comfortable silence.

That was a hell of a ride. But on the other side, I wouldn't meet David and Veronika. It can sound weird but I had a good time here. I didn't realize how much stress and bad thoughts my own house caused me until now. And it opened my eyes where I could finally see that it was not my fault. Nothing really was. I have parents that act more immature than me. Parents that mentally abuse me.

I always thought abuse was only in psychical form. But now I'm discovering mental abuse is real and is happening on daily basis. And it's just as bad as psychical.

The majority of people experiencing emotional abuse are not aware that it is happening. I was one of these people.
Emotional abuse from my parents encouraged me to develop self-destructive behavior, behavior that was threatening my health or the ones around me. That led me to completely closing myself from others because I believed I was the reason they were hurt or angry.