06 | Candy Cane

Sienna's POV

I walk into my English class. The only class that is shared with Cheryl, Kane, and Dom.

I go and sit in my usual spot like always. Greeting my best friend who is already sitting there, beside my seat.

"No broken car today?" I joke.

She laughs, "luckily no broken car today."

We chat for some more when two sets of footsteps are heard entering the classroom. I look up and see Kane with Dom take a seat in front of us.

Cheryl sets her elbows on the desk and leans forward. "What happened to you two sitting in the back?"

That is the time a realized I have never acknowledged them in any of my classes. Especially this one.

I look around the classroom now noticing faces I have never seen before. Am I this ignorant?

Dom rolls his eyes playfully. "Hello to you too."

Kane smiles brightly. "We figured since we have the project going on and we are bonding,--"

Bonding?

",-- like friends. We could you know be together if someone needs help or something. None of us talk to others in this class than the one we are sitting next to."

True true.

Cheryl nods. "Yea why not."

Dom chimes into the conversation. "That brings me to a question: Do you want to join us for lunch?"

We look at each other. Communicating with our eyes and facial expression.

From the corner of my eye, I see Kane look at Dominic with a confused expression.

"Are they mind linking each other?" Kane whispers not so quietly to Dom.

Dominic shakes his head and whispers back, "I don't know but that is creepy as fuck."

We startle them when we turn our heads in their direction. Cheryl sweetly smiles. "We can try and then we will see how it goes."

We are just going to do this testing trial and see if we want our peace at lunch or if they will be fine.

☆ ☆ ☆

I want the peacefulness back.

Cheryl is arguing with Dom about who should get the last fries.

They are so into their argument they don't notice Kane taking the fries.

I glance at him with a lifted eyebrow.

He shrugs his shoulders with an innocent smile. "They will be cold once they finally stop. Better eat them when they are fresh and good." He offers me some.

I gladly take them.

And that's what we do. We share the fries. Eating them while watching the other two argue.

The argument goes from fries to other things I didn't bother catching.

"They are like an old married couple." I voice out for Kane to hear.

He laughs.

Soon the argument is over. Kane quickly eats the last fry, hiding the empty bag. I fight back the smile that is threatening to break out.