19 | Plan G

Sienna's POV:

2 months later...

I walk into the room which is just a regular classroom. I shut the doors behind me.

I look at the man who has his back turned to me and stares out of the window.

I cross my arms. "You look like old grandma searching for a drama on the streets."

His shoulders shake with silent laughter.

A deep baritone-like voice echoes in the classroom. "I must admit I do feel like it in the mornings." He turns to face me.

"So what did you want?"

Victor puts his hands inside his pockets. "Your court will be held in a week from today."

I scoff. "You said that what? A month ago?"

"I tried my best to push it through. Be grateful." He warns me.

"I don't even have a lawyer," I stress.

He gives me reassuring smile. "It's been dealt with."

I furrow my eyebrows. He leans his hips on the edge of the teacher's desk. "So? Any problems here I should know of?"

I shrug my shoulders. He gives me a flat look. I smile. "No. It's alright actually."

"What about your friends?"

I sit on one of the desks. "Veronika and David? They are good, yeah." I nod.

Veronika is my roommate and David is her boyfriend. Apparently, they were too rebellious so they were moved here. Got to admit they are one crazy and fun couple.

"Well." He slaps his palms on his thighs and stands up straight. "I won't keep you any longer." He makes his way to the door.

I clench my fists. "Wait."

He stops and glances in my direction. "Yes?"

I sigh. I probably shouldn't but fuck it. It's been eating me from the inside since I got here. "How's Alex?"

He seems shocked by my question but he covers it quickly with his serious, professional look. He clears his throat and faces me. "He's been released from the hospital quite a while ago. However, he's been put on house rest which, what I know, should be completed already around this week. That's when he will need to attend interrogation by the police."

"That means?" I push.

"That means..." Victor rubs the creases on his forehead. "It could determine if you're innocent or guilty without your lawyer defending you in court."

What the fuck. So he can say whatever he pleases and they will go with it? Surely not.

"And they are going to believe him just like that? Without evidence?"

"He will presumably go through a lie detector. Also, we are still trying to decode the cameras on that street. They are old and have some errors in them." Victor explains.

I sigh and let my head hang low. "It's going to end well." He swears.

Don't jinx it, buddy.

"If you don't have any more questions I will go." He states. I nod and stay quiet which he takes as an answer and leaves.

☆ ☆ ☆

I enter my room and immediately regret it. I quickly turn around. "Oh, for fucks sake, guys!"

I hear soft laughing and shuffling behind me. "You are good."

I turn back and shut the door behind me. I lift an unimpressed brow.