04 | Drained

Sienna's POV

A graveyard has more life than this house.

None of our cars are in the driveway which means no one is home. Hell, even if they would be this house would be still dead.

I walk to the kitchen to open the fridge. Scanning the inside if I find something to eat.

Mom doesn't cook that much anymore. Dad doesn't want her food he rather orders a takeaway and calls it a day. Mom on the other hand isn't that much of an eater right now. All the stress and arguments make her lose her appetite. So she cooks occasionally. Mainly when dad isn't home.

I take out yogurt. Checking the expiration date first. 

I do this every time since I was like 7 when I ate chocolate yogurt and became sick because it was after the expiration date.

Since then I always check the date or I smell the product at least.

I take the lid off, eyeing the yogurt itself, throwing the lid into the trash. I take a spoon from a drawer and go to my room, closing the door behind me.
I set down my bag beside my bed on which I take a seat.

Before we all left the diner we agreed to meet up for the research. And when I say Cheryl was jumping and squeaking in joy I mean it. Right after Dom, Kane with his brother, Alex, left she practically screamed my ear off.

I don't understand though. We are doing a project. It's not like a double date or something. And her shipping me with Kane is ridiculous.

I cross my legs while eating. Looking at my table I consider if I should do my homework. I shake my head. Why to even try? 

Most of the time I actually tried to study and memorize the topic we were on at the moment I still failed the test. And when you know you tried your best multiple times but failed you tend to give up at some point.

I did and no one seems to care but Cheryl. Even teachers don't give a single flying fuck. And it bothers me for some reason. I was a good student, they know that. It is like they gave up on me too.

Maybe that's all I need. I need someone to care. Not only Cheryl who has been here the whole time for me. But someone else someone...

new.

But who?

I finish my yogurt in peace. I set the empty cup with a spoon on my table. I will throw that away later.

I lay down on my bed. I did nothing today and yet I feel completely drained.

I cringe at the thought of my outside clothes touching my bed. I groan and hit my mattress. Why it is so hard to do the simplest tasks?

I gather all of my energy left and stand up to undress. When I do I take my inside clothes.

Someone knocks on my door. "Can I come in?"

Mom.

"No, I'm dressing." As soon as it leaves my mouth the door begins to open. "I said no!" I quickly put on my shirt that covers a bit of my thighs as well.

She enters my room and looks at me.

"I wanted to talk."