12 | 10 Dollars

Sienna's POV

It was well over my curfew when I neared my house.

Wait.

I giggled.

I don't have a curfew! I pumped my fist in the air.

Oh phew. I was almost going to care I'm late.

As I walked. That's a lie. As I stumbled to the door I fiddled with the keys to find the right one. In that process, I got carried away with how shiny my keys were if light from the moon or street lamps hit them just right. I grinned and moved my keys in various ways to see them shine. Then my eyes caught a glimpse of a specific key.

Oh. Right.

I grabbed it and unlocked the door after missing the hole for more than 2 minutes.

I stepped into the house and took my shoes off while trying to balance. I giggled as I imagined myself from a third-person view jumping on one leg while trying to take off my shoe with both hands.

When I successfully completed my mission impossible I made my way upstairs. Putting on my best sober impression.

I'm totally looking drunk if not drunker.

I saw mom coming out of the bathroom. I grinned. I was so happy I could feel myself floating on cloud nine.

"Hi." I smiled, stopping before her. I had this great urge to tell her about Kane and how I feel. She may give me advice.

She looked me over in slight... Disgust?

I lifted my brow. You made me too, woman, so this is also you.

I let it be. I'm drunk after all. Yeah, I might try harder to hide that.

"I've met a boy and he is--" She cut me off.

"Excellent so you are not lesbian!"

I stared at her in shock. I almost let out a giggle.

I forgot about my parents being homophobic, racist, and often fat-shamed others. Eh, a small detail.

"You thought I was?"

She hummed in agreement. "You never had a boyfriend or talked about boys so we assumed..." She shrugged.

"Okay... Well, I met a boy and I want to be with him." I beamed. Slightly hopping on one spot for a second. But I moved a bit because of my... Situation. I quickly regained balance and stood still.

She chuckled. "You? And a boy? Don't be ridiculous you can't cook or do other women's responsibilities in that matter. You are locked in your room all day. Boys don't want that."

I frowned.

She patted me on the shoulder. "He probably only wants to be friends too. Go sleep." With that, she walked away.

I no longer want advice from her. After all, she married him. My father. I scrunch my nose.
I may not know if I want kids but I know what type of man I don't want as a father for them. And as a partner for me.

I walked into my room. Closing the door behind me, wishing I cloud close myself from the whole world just like that.

☆ ☆ ☆

I look up when my door creaks open. It's morning now. I'm pretty hungover. But nothing I can't manage. Right now I'm just waiting for the clock to hit a certain number which will tell me it is my cue to go to school. Before that, I have no interest in doing anything that would cause me more energy than needed.