Chapter 10

My sight is blurry,
My entire body is numb, so damn numb.

I fight to keep my eyes open, but there's blood - so much blood. Almost none of it is mine though, where is it coming from? How do I stop it? And the fucking ringing in my ears, I can barely hear anything other than loud rings over and over again.

"Help!"

I blink, and blink until my eyes can focus on the source of the screams.
"S-stay where you are.." I manage to breathe out, I use all my strength - every little ounce of energy I have left, and I try my best, I crawl and I shout. I cry out.

"Please-" She cries out, "please help my.. my.."
"No, no no no." I shake her, "stay awake - don't close your eyes, please just keep them open!"

She closes them and they don't open again, no matter how much I shake her - no matter how much I scream, shout or cry. Nothing is working. There's so much blood, so much fucking blood and most of it isn't mine.

"This is all your fault!" Screams echo in my ear, over and over again.

It's my fault,
It's my fault,
It's my fault!

**

"I don't know.. I don't know damn it." I brush my fingers through my hair, "I did everything you told me."
"The music, was it playing the entire night?"
"I think so, maybe - I might have forgotten."

She leans back in her seat and starts writing down in her notebook.

"I can't go through this again, doc." I sigh, "I'm getting married soon, I want everything to be perfect. Don't you have anything to help? Any medication?"
She shakes her head, "Pablo we've already been down that road, we know how that went."

It went wrong, and I'm still paying the damn consequences.

"Did something trigger the nightmares?" She asks, "anything you can think of? It's been two years since our last meeting, and you've been doing good."
"I- I don't think so." There's nothing that I can think of.
"It's only happened once?" she asks, and I nod. "Nothing after you called me to schedule an appointment?"

I shake my head.

"I want you to keep going with your day like it's any typical day and when you go to sleep remember the music, keep it on all night and if it happens again, you can call me. We'll start going through different treatments."

I let out a deep breath and give her a nod,
"Thank you, and I apologize for rushing you here, I know it's your time off.."
She gives me a small smile, "don't stress it."

I pay for the lunch and say goodbye to my therapist, while praying that this was some sort of one-time thing, and I won't need to have any more meetings.

"Where to now boss?" Martin asks, "home?"
"Drive me to the Lyon's mansion."

It's Bella's birthday today, and I've planned the entire evening. I gave her a few hours to be with her family so she could celebrate with them but now she's all mine.

Based on her tone earlier today when I called, I'd say that she's still mad over our engagement party. She doesn't like me telling her what to do, but when I tell her that I'm expecting her next to me and she suddenly disappears and is nowhere to be found, of fucking course I'm gonna start panicking and imagining the worst. It's not like our parents lack enemies.

Even though she acted like a brat, and I'm sure she gave my mother a whole damn heart attack - I can't be mad at her, I'm incapable of staying away from her which is something that I've learned the few weeks we've been engaged. I thought that maybe her attitude was going to help lessen my obsession with her, but it's only growing for each day.