Chapter 27: A Phantom Encounter

(A/N: Well, hello my fellow readers and followers. Here is chapter 27 of this story and by the title of this chapter you should know what's going to happen here,

Now with that said, let the reading begin.)

(Y/N) P.O.V

"After what happened with Rias and Juvia which he didn't bring up to make anyone jealous, he has been closer to them and also gained more attention from defeating Exlin. Since it's the weekend where he decided to walk around town until he arrived in a alleyway until he sees a girl crouching in front of what looks like a cafe confusing him until he approached her.....................
(Y/N): "Excuse me, *she looks at him* are you waiting for someone or do you know someone who works here?"
????: *she stands up* "Wait, are you- Yes, you are! The Necromancer!"
(Y/N): "Yes, I am."
Futaba: "It's nice to meet you, my name is Futaba Sakura. And my dad owns this cafe."
(Y/N): "Oh, that's cool."
Futaba: "Would you like to come in? He makes some really good curry and coffee."
(Y/N): "Sure."
.....................he walks in following her as he sees a man behind the counter who looks at him.....................
???? 2: "Hey Futaba, who is this? You got a boyfriend already?"
Futaba: "Sojiro it's not like that! It's the Necromancer from the news, I just met him."
Sojiro: "Oh! My bad, but that's you on the news? Welcome to Leblanc, I'm Sojiro."
(Y/N): "It's nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N)."
.....................they sit at table waiting for the curry along with the coffee, after some time it arrived with (Y/N) starting to eat and drink with his eyes widening at the taste.....................
(Y/N): "Woah, this is so good."
Sojiro: "Thanks. I'm glad you like it. So, what brings you around here?"
(Y/N): "I decided to walk around the city and I never been this at part of the city, until I saw her sitting outside thr cafe. Which is what I want to know, why were you waiting outside?"
Futaba: "Well..."
.....................the door is heard opening which he sees a group of people his age walks in as they look at him.....................
???? 3: "Hey Futaba. Hey Sojiro."
???? 4: "Who's this?"
Futaba: "Everyone, this is (Y/N) and he is the Necromancer from the news."
Ann: "What? This is him? It's so nice to meet you, i'm Ann Takamaki."
Ryuji: "What's up? My name is Ryuji Sakamoto."
Makoto: "My name is Makoto Nijima."
Yuuske: "My name is Yuuske Kitagawa."
Haru: "It's nice to meet you, I'm Haru Okumura."
(Y/N): "Nice to meet all of you."
Ryuji: "What brings you here?"
(Y/N): "I was walking around the city, saw Futaba sitting in front of the cafe and she invited me in."
Ann: "That's cool."
.....................he started hanging out with them as they got to know him through the time until it was time to leave, but the moment he walks past an alleyway he felt something off which he shrugs it off. He returns to his dorm to turn on the TV while he fixes himself something to drink.....................
Lisa: "In other news, the Phantom Thieves once strikes with forcing someone to confess their crimes *(Y/N) looks at the TV* they committed while tricking the people. First was a gym teacher, an artist, a criminal, and also a CEO which confirmed it wasn't them who caused his death. Who is next on the Phantom Thieves list of hidden criminals?"
(Y/N): (The Phantom Thieves? First time I heard about them, but how do they force someone to confess?)

Timeskip-Next Day

....................now (Y/N) is walking through the streets of Union City again to get some supplies, he walks left to see Ann running at a location. He goes to follow her to see her gone. He walks down the street to see where she went until he felt a presence who h he turns around to see the streets of Union City dark with a red hue and the people weren't seen in the streets.....................
(Y/N): "Where the is everyone? What just happened?"
....................he hears some noises behind him causing him to look seeing some kind of fortress shocking him of seeing that kind of fortress.....................
(Y/N): "Wh-What i-i-is this? This isn't Union City, it must be something else."
....................he walks towards the fortress to see if there was a way out or some place to be home, he gets close to open the front door until he sees a window open. He thinks about going through the front door is a bad idea as he jumps to the window to climb in the inside of the fortress to see how the inside looks with it a little bit disturbing.....................
(Y/N): "This is beyond creepy, looks like some investigating must be done."
.....................he walks down the hallways only to hear footsteps causing him to hide seeing nonhuman looking soldier looking like enemies. They ran past him which he comes out of hiding for him to continue walking down the hall, he arrives in a big room.....................
(Y/N): "This room is huge! How can someone have a palace this big and messed up, what the hell is going on?!"
.....................an explosion happens above him with a scream heard after that causing him to look up seeing a girl falling as he catches her bridal style with the two looking at each other.....................
(Y/N): (Okay, this is awkward.)
????: "Could you out me down please?"
(Y/N): "Oh, right. Sorry."
.....................he places her down for her to dust herself off, footsteps are heard causes him to look seeing others running towards them until they stopped.....................
???? 2: "Panther, are you okay?"
????: "Yeah. Not hurt, but shaken."
(Y/N): (These outfits, those masks. There's no way, it's them.) "You guys are the Phantom Thieves, aren't you?"
???? 3: "Y-Yeah."
???? 2: "How in the world did you get in here? How did you get the app?"
???? 4: "Skull!"
(Y/N): "Wait a minute, that voice. Ryuji?"
Ryuji: *eyes widen* "Uh?!"
(Y/N): *looks at the girl in the red outfit* "Ann? *looks someone else* Makoto? Yuuske, Haru, Futaba, you guys are the Phantom Thieves?"
Ann: "Yeah."
(Y/N): "What's going in here? What is this place?"
Haru: "It's a long story."
???? 5: "This place is called the Metaverse."
.....................he looks around to the mysterious voice until he looks down seeing a cat standing in front of him looking up at him.....................
(Y/N): "What are you?"
Morgana: "My name is Morgana, I put together this group of Phantom Thieves you're looking at right now. And this place and everything around it is called the Metaverse."
(Y/N): "So, it's like another world that no one knows about that exists?"
Makoto: "Yep."
Ann: "You're good."
Morgana: "And this place is a palace for someone who has an evil heart, in real life they don't show it. But, in this world they show their real selves."
(Y/N): *looks around* "So, this is an image of someone's heart?"
Morgana: "Yes. And we need to find what they hold close to them and steal it to make them confess for their crimes."
(Y/N): "I see."
Ryuji: "But wait, how'd you even get here?"
(Y/N): "I saw Ann running in the direction and it looked like she needed help, so I followed her until she disappeared and I couldn't find her. I had a feeling about something and I just suddenly appeared here seeing this disgusting and horrible palace."
Yuuske: "You mean you didn't use the app?"
(Y/N): *looks at them confused* "An app?"
Ann: "We get in here using an app on our phones and it is a creepy looking one."
Futaba: "It's the one with the eye."
Makoto: "And since you're A Necromancer, you probably don't need the app to get here."
(Y/N): "I believe you're right, I don't know the extent to my power. But, in curiosity; who are you going after now?"
Haru: "It's a teacher to a kids school."
Ann: "There's been rumors about this certain teacher that has been mentally and physically abusing the kids at the school and she forces them not to say anything. And she's coming up with fake school related activities requiring money she's stealing from the parents. She was investigated, but nothing could be found and they closed the case."
Makoto: "And my sister is a detective that was on the case and couldn't find out anything, so she hired us to find all the proof here in the Metaverse."
(Y/N): *eyes widen in shock* "A teacher to a kid's school doing all that? That's fucked up!"
Ryuji: "That's exactly what I said!"
Morgana: "We haven't found the treasure yet, we're almost to the top floor to steal it when we see it."
.....................he starts thinking about the kids at the school causing him to remember his child brand past, he didn't want to stand around and let it happen as he looked at the group."
(Y/N): "Guys, I want to help."
Ryuji: *eyes widen* "What?!"
(Y/N): "I'm not going to stand around while some sick and twisted teacher does all that to kids, they need to pay for what they've done."
Morgana: "Okay."
Ann: "What? Just like that?"
Morgana: "He's a Necromancer. And besides you saw how he fights, we need all the help we can get."
Makoto: "Sounds reasonable."
(Y/N): "I'll help however I can, but I'm not going to stand around doing nothing while kids get hurt. *balls his hand into a fist* That just makes me mad."

To be continued.....................

(A/N: Well, that's the end of this chapter. If you enjoyed this let me know and with that said, see y'all next time.)