Ch. 18: 3 Months Later

AN: Sorry this is out later than I wanted it to be, I was having a real time with the end of this chapter I was trying to figure out which way to go. Any who happy reading.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lizzie's POV:

It's been three months, three months since I watched my best friend die right in front of me. It's been three months since I admitted my feeling for her to myself. It's been three months since I saw her, I was unable to make it for Christmas due to my shooting schedule for reshoots for the Marvel movies. I also have been helping out with the gym trying to get that back up and running. I also had a few meeting with Kevin to try and get Y/N her contract back with Marvel, so far talks have gone good but he wants to have her concentration on her recovery first. So I have just been throwing myself into to work trying to keep my mind off of her.

I haven't been able to go back to my house since that day, everything there just reminds me of everything I did wrong. I have been staying at Y/N's house it still smells like her and I feel in a way that this keeps us close. I have only talked with her a few times as it's still a bit difficult for her to say some words. But I think my guilt is winning out on reaching out to her, I know everyone says it's not my fault. But I can't keep but thinking that it is, if I had never started dating Robbie, had I just believed Y/N that night, hell if I had just told her how I felt this would have never happened to her. I look at myself in the mirror of her bathroom, "Stop, you have no right to feel like the victim. You're the cause, just admit it Y/N would be better off without you" I say to myself. After staring at myself for a bit I finally get myself ready for the day and make sure I have everything to go. I am going to New York at the request of my sisters to talk about the Elizabeth and James collection they want me to model for.

I hear a knock at the door and head down with my bag in hand, once I open and see Alfred waiting for me. "Good morning miss, already to go" he asked reaching out for my bag. "Good morning Alfred, I am thank you" I say handing him my bag and making our way to the car. The rest of the car ride is silent as we make our way to the airport and thankfully it's a very early flight so there are no paparazzi waiting for me. "Well I hope you have a lovely flight miss, I shall see you in a few weeks, Yes" he said handing me my bag. "Thank you, and yes I should be back in town in a couple of weeks" I say as we say our final goodbyes and I head into the airport. While I sit in the terminal I answer some work emails about an upcoming project that they want me to be an executive producer on. One email catches me by surprise 'ROBBIE ARNETT TRIAL' is written in big bold letters. I read over the email that my lawyers interpreted for me. I am being called in as a witness to testify on behalf of Robbie. I pull out my phone and find a quiet part of the lounge and dial my lawyer.

Bruce: Elizabeth, what do I owe this early morning call

Me: Shit I am sorry I forgot it was early

Bruce: No problem but what can I do for you

Me: Why am a witness for Robbie, has this man lost his damn mind

Bruce: I know it is odd but I truly think that he believes you still love him and that you will try to keep him out of jail.

Me: There is no way in hell I am going to say one fucking nice thing about that man, he tried to kill my best friend twice.

Bruce: I know and we tried to motion to get you off the witness list but the judge didn't grant us the motion. All I can say is to just go in there and tell the truth the rest of it will come to light. Now as for witnesses, I know Y/N is still recovering but she will have to be there for the trial and testify.