Ch. 20: Just Tell The Truth

AN: Sorry this is out late but I did it, I got it out on my posting date yay me. Anyways if it's crap sorry but happy ready y'all.

Has anyone been to Santa Monica Pier before:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV:

It's been a couple of days since I have been back and a couple of days since I received that text message. I have done nothing but stare at it reading the words over and over again. I haven't responded to it and I most certainly have not told anyone about it. Hell I haven't even clicked on the video in fear of what it might be. "Y/N are you ready to go" I faintly hear being said. I pull my attention away from my phone to see Lizzie standing in front of me with a concerned look on her face.

"Hum what did you say" I respond look at my phone once again. "I said are you ready to go Bruce is waiting for us at the office" she questioned again. "Oh yeah, sure let's go" I say locking my phone and standing up while she hands me my cane. We are meeting with Bruce today to go over what the trial is going to look like and what I am going to say. I have no idea if I want to bring this up to them or not. I don't even know who this is and what they want. "Y/N" I hear again and once again I have spaced out. "Yeah huh, sorry" I mumble out.

"What is going on, where do you keep going. Are you feeling alright" Lizzie asks looking at me with concern in her eyes. I look at her and try to ease her worries "Sorry just thinking about what I am going to say. I swear I am ok" I say making my way out of my room. "Ok but if you are not ok or if you are getting overwhelmed please tell me" she begged reaching out for my hand. "I will promise, let's go I don't want to keep Bruce waiting too long" I say with a smile. She simple nods and we make our way to the car to start our journey. The whole way there it is quite and my mind keeps going over everything and what I might have to deal with. I am so lost in thought I don't realize we have parked and Lizzie is asking me if I am ready. I take a deep breath and open the door and as we are walking towards the building there are a few paparazzi standing outside.

Y/N IS IT TRUE YOU ALMOST DIED

WAS THIS A LOVERS QUARREL

ARE YOU ALWAYS GOING TO BE DISABLED

WHAT ARE  YOU GOING TO SAY DURING THE TRIAL

LIZZIE ARE YOU NOT GOING TO STAND BY ROBBIE

IS IT GOING TO BE HARD SEEING ROBBIE

Are all things being yelled at me and I feel Lizzie's arm around my shoulders as she guides me past them . We finally make it inside and I feel like I can breath again "Y/N I'm so sorry about that" Bruce says as he greets us. "No its ok I knew I need to deal with it sooner or later, how are you doing Bruce" I asked as I shook his hand. "Wonderful, shall we head into the office. Is there anything you would like to drink" He asked. "Water is fine for me" Lizzie answered and I nod my head in agreement. Once his secretary brings us some water he pulls out a file and his laptop to set it on the table. "Ok we are going over some logistics and talking points for the trial on Monday" he said and Lizzie and I both look at one another. "Monday, I thought the trial was in another week not Monday" I say. He looks through his papers "Did Franny not email you the new trial date and time, Robbies lawyers petitioned to have a earlier trial" He informed us. I feel Lizzie's hand tighten around my own as we look at one another silently checking to see if we were both ok.

We spend what feels like hours going over what I am going to talk about and what the defense may ask. He let's me know that they will be showing the security footage from the gym. "Is there any way for Y/N to not be in the courtroom when that is showed" Lizzie asked knowing I have not seen the footage myself. "I can ask the judge but it will ultimately be up to them if that happens. Now we just need to make sure that nothing and I mean nothing is talked about until Monday. I believe we have a very strong case and I have no doubt that we are going to win this" Bruce assures us. "Even if Robbie has me testify on his behalf" Lizzie asked. "Yes just because you are their witness does not mean you have to corroborate his side of the story if you just go up there and tell the truth then we will be fine" He states once again. We both nod and he goes on to talk to Lizzie what she is going to say when she is cross examined and I am distracted by the ping on my phone.