Chapter 8 ~ Stop Running Away ~

The next day at school. Immediately after class, Kendra hurried down to the basketball court. When she got there, Jay and the team had already started practice. Mandy saw her walk in and went straight to sit with her.

"You're here again today, huh?"
She winked at Kendra.
"Don't tell me you're crushing on any of the guys, already."

Kendra tensed up and cleared her throat nervously.
"Don't get ahead of yourself! I was bored, so i came to watch."

Mandy watched Tristan with dreamy eyes, and sighed.
"Well, it's a pity.
I'm about to leave."

Kendra frowned.
"Why?"

Mandy shrugged, her shoulders sagging in sadness.
"I don't want Bella catching me here."

Kendra tilted her head in confusion.

"See, Bella made me carry her bag anytime she came to watch Jay practice. If she isn't here, I'm not allowed to be...
It's surprising she isn't here yet."
She looked away like she was thinking of something, before she finally stood up.
"I'm going to leave, just in case any of her minions catch me."

Kendra was quick to hold her back, and force her to sit down.
"Stay when you want, leave when you want. Don't let no one boss you around!
It's your life, and you get to set the rules yourself."

Mandy couldn't say a word, and was just astounded by Kendra's boldness. Knowing she lacked the confidence to stand her ground like Kendra, she looked at Kendra like she was a goddess of some sort.
The whistle sounded in the court, signalling the end of the first round of the game. Quickly, the players scrambled to get water to quench their thirst. Jay and the others sat together at a corner, Dennis shooting daggers at their coach for pushing them to go harder.
Nolans eyes scanned the court like he was looking for something, until his eyes finally rested on Mandy and Kendra.
"Isn't that Bella's slave, the black girl..
What's her name again?"

Dennis thought for a while before answering.
"Mandy, that's her name."
Nolan nodded slowly.
"You know, Bella is really something. She's got slaves everywhere in school."
He continued.
"Well, you're still the lucky one Dennis. Not everyone is as meek as your girlfriend Thelma. Jay and i get to deal with the vicious ones..." He sulked.
"Not fair at all!"

Dennis grinned.
"I know right, my baby is just the best!"

Nolan hesitated before asking Jay.
"I noticed you and Bella have been giving out odd states at each other, she hasn't even come to watch you practice....Y'all still ain't cool?"

Dennis shook his head at Nolan, silently warning him not to touch that subject. After observing for a while, Tristan spoke up.
"Well, I'm more interested in the other girl."
He pointed at Kendra.

Dennis asked, "The new girl in our class?"

"Yeah.." Tristan answered. "I heard she has refused bowing to Bella, like the others did."
He added. "Even got them to sit at another table, during lunch."        

Nolan gasped. "What the? Man, we sure have missed out on a lot of things.... And how do you get all the gossip?" 

Tristan just smirked at him.
Dennis continued watching Kendra from his position. "Well, if she did all that? She's got some balls! Thelma didn't say a word of this to me."

Tristan shrugged.
"Guess she's protecting Bella's image."

Dennis hummed.
"It's just a matter of time, others were this stubborn at first! But in the end, they bowed down.."

Tristan laughed.
"Guess we'll have to wait it out. Melissa will walk in soon, and i sense she brings trouble with her."

Nolan cried out.
"Not now, not Melissa. Shit! She said she wasn't coming."

Tristan made a tsk- tsk sound.
"A seer, that is who i am. My eyes don't lie, and my visions never fail!"
Before they could say Jack Robinson, Melissa walked in, and immediately her eyes met with Mandys, she started out towards her. With so much anger.
Mandy knew what was coming, and started to panic.

"What do i do, what do i do? Melissa is here, and she's not gonna let me off easily."
Again, Kendra held her down.
"Sit!"
Mandy did just that, even though she was about having a panick attack.
"Stop running away. Just giggle happily like we're having a funny discussion. Pay no attention to her, even when she talks to you."
Mandy nodded nervously, and started to do as Kendra said.

At the other side of the court, the boys were anxious to see what was going to happen. Totally ignoring their coach who was calling for the second round of the game to begin. Nolan knowing what Melissa his girlfriend was capable of, tried to stop her by using his powers to make her stumble, and fall down. To his dismay, even after falling, Melissa got back up and was determined on getting at Mandy. Jay who had been watching the whole scene silently, decided to step in this time. But Tristan held him back.
"Hold on Jay, do not interfere. This is gonna be interesting." His eyes dancing with amusement.

Melissa finally got to Kendra and Mandy. Her face red with anger, both hands on two sides of her waist as she questioned.
"You slave! On whose permission are you here?"  Melissa was no fool. She could tell Mandy was down right ignoring her.
Melissa flared up.
"You better answer me slave, or God help me... I'll fu-"

"You'll do what?"

Shock and surprise was written over Melissa's face as she watched Kendra challenge her.

A/N: It's been a while 🥺
Actually thought of y'all amidst my exam preparations and decided to drop something for y'all.
Cliffhanger yeah??
Who else is excited for the next chapter?
PS:As a little treat, the next update will be a mass release of three chapters. To thank you guys, for sticking with me on this journey.
Keep reading, voting and commenting guys.🙏🙏