Chapter 13 ~Spoiled Prince Charming~

Bella was scared.
"What about us?"
Jay gave a deep sigh.
"This thing we're in now, this relationship. It's not working."

Bella was a little confused, but she could tell where the conversation was headed.
"Then let's make it work. Jay we can do this together." She squeezed his palms as she gave a little smile.
"The both of us can make it work, right?"

Jay knew that Bella was a fighter. He knew she was not going to give up easily. "Listen to me Bella, let's just stop this for now. Let's give each other some time....
As you know, I have a lot of problems right now. With the great war ahead, I barely have time for myself. I need some space Bella... We're still gonna remain friends you know.."

Bella could hear alarms go off in her head. Her whole world was crumbling before her very eyes. She was raging with anger.
"Jay you're an animal! What? Am i just a joke to you? You've got the guts to come in my home, and then break up with me? The nerve of you!!" She yelled with all her might as tears flowed down her eyes.

"You're gonna regret this! You're gonna want me back Jay, I promise you!".
She slapped Jay on the cheek and spat on his face.
"I hate you!"
She walked away leaving Jay on the spot. The power supply at the was going off and on as a result of Bella's unstable emotions.

Jay nodded to himself while rubbing on the spot he was slapped.
"Well deserved Jay, well deserved."

After a taking a while to calm himself, he washed his face with water from the pool. And then left the mansion alone, without informing his parents.
He walked down the road on his own, wondering why his life was filled with great burdens. People envied him for being the chosen one, but little did they know that this great destiny came with a price.
After walking for almost an hour, he spotted a girl sitting on the sidewalk not too far from where he was standing. Her face dazzled under the moon, and her hair shone. That girl was Kendra.
After her dinner with Mandy, she decided to sit on her own for a while before heading home. Walking close to her, Jay recognized her as the new girl from school. The new girl who stood up to Melissa the other day.
He took his seat beside her.
"What's the sassy freedom fighter doing here all alone?"

Kendra could not deny the heat that warmed her cheeks, as she looked into his eyes and recognized him. Quickly, she regained her composure.
"Well, what is the spoiled, overpampered prince doing here?"

Jay chuckled.
"It's good you agree i'm a prince though." He smiled smugly.
"But spoiled, overpampered? That's not me."
Kendra shrugged.
"Who cares?"
"C'mon, is this how you treat someone who keeps you company?"
"Never asked for yours bruh!"

Jay was laughing already. Kendra's sharp tounged nature drew him in. "By the way, this prince goes by the name Jay Walker. What's your name?"

Kendra stared for a while before answering.
"Kendra, Kendra Adams."
Smiling, Jay stretched his hand out for a handshake which Kendra returned. The air was still for a while.
"So what are you doing here all alone?"

Kendra already eased into the conversation. "I ate dinner with my friend, Mandy. Was hoping to get some me time, one you just crashed."

Jay nodded.
"Ah, my apologies. By the way, I'm thankful Mandy has someone like you in her life now...
I'm sure your dinner with her was nice."

Kendra looked up at him.
"What about you, you're dressed in a suit. You like you're coming from a cocktail party. I'm sure the food there was just greaaat!" She rolled her eyes as she placed emphasis on the word great.

Jay could only laugh at the way she spoke. "Are you always like this?"

There was a little frown on Kendra's face.
"To answer your question, the food...I regret eating there! I wish i could just puke."

"Huh? It was that bad?"

He just laughed without answering her question. Kendra studied his features as she watched him laugh. Somehow, she could see a layer of sadness beaneath those bright eyes. Soon, she found herself staring at his lips. Not wanting to get caught, she stood up immediately.

"I'm heading home. You should too."

Jay's face fell.
"What, already? I was looking forward to us chatting all night."

She shook her head at him.
"In your dreams fella!"

Jay stood up from the side walk.
"Then answer me before you leave. Can we be friends? I know you have Mandy already, but you can make room for one more right?" His question was met with silence from Kendra.
"You know talking to you is so easy, it's been a while i had a not-so serious conversation with someone, But if you don't want to then..."  Kendra cut him off.
"Fine, now don't talk off my ears." She walked away leaving Jay.
Jay was all smiles as he watched her leave.

A/N: Back like i never left guys..
No excuses!
All i can say is, we're full on now.
Updates are Mondays and Fridays..
Two chapters each.
But for starters today, we'll go with one,then two on Friday. Before we finally ease into our schedule next week. Now what do you think about Jay and Kendra's conversation 😌 Let me in your head.