Chapter 16~Fishing Experience~

After school, Kendra was bored and her aunt went out with Marv. Not that they would speak to each other if indeed she was home. But it would not hurt knowing there was someone else at home. To pass time, she decided to go fishing. Mandy was busy with her part time job and could not tag along. So she went alone. After a reply from Mandy on where she could go fishing, she took her fishing net and then left.

Getting to the river side, she sat down and cast her net in the river. The peace she felt while sitting there was indescribable. It felt like her soul was one with the river.
Some minutes later, someone came to disturb her peace.

"So, how many fishes have you caught?"

She turned back and saw Jay standing behind her. She was speechless.

Duh! How is he everywhere?

He smiled.
"Stop staring. Ask me to sit, no?"

Without hearing her reply, he sat down beside her at the river bank. They both sat for a while, neither of them talking to each other. A while later, Jay spoke up.
"This is my spot you know, used to come with my father when i was a kid. Later, it became my own spot. Unlike the other places, it's secluded. So, i come here whenever i'm feeling down. To get away from all the noise."

Kendra stared for a while.
"So you're feeling down, that's why you're here?"

Jay nodded.
"You, why are you here?"

Kendra shrugged.
"I'm bored. No one's home."

"Oh...your parents, siblings?"

She paused. Then answered.
"FYI, I'm an only child. An orphan too. Grew up with my aunt."

Jay was surprised to know this information about Kendra. Suddenly, he felt there was more to this girl sitting beside him. He opened his mouth to speak, but Kendra cut him off.

"Please don't say sorry. I'll feel pathetic."

Jay stayed silent. It seemed like she read his mind. He really was going to say sorry. Her voice drew him back.

"Now that you're feeling down, where's your girlfriend Bella? She should be with you right, isn't that how it works?"

Jay was in shock.
"How did you know about my relationship with Bella? Fuck! Mandy told you right.."

Kendra laughed at his surprised face.
"Yes, Mandy told me. Besides, the whole school is aware and i see the way she looks at you...
Like a very expensive box of candy she doesn't want to share." She shrugged.

Jay was laughing now. Kendra's sense of humour was really something. He knew she was right. Bella had this possessive look around him.
"It's true she was my girlfriend, but not anymore. We broke up."

Kendra gasped aloud.
"Sorry that's..."

"It's fine, i know you're surprised. Everyone seems to think we're quite the item."

Kendra probed.
"You don't think so, do you?"

Jay sighed.
"Bella and i are two different people. We've been in this relationship since three years now, and don't think i got in because i wanted to."

"Then why..."

Jay's mouth twitched.
"Because of some other things i can't explain to you. Damn! I couldn't take it no more. I was suffocating the whole time, and no one could see... I've got lots of things to think of right now Kendra,  i just thought i could use some peace, ya know?"

Kendra nodded. She thought she could understand him.
"So, found your peace now?"

"Not totally."

Kendra chuckled.
"What's left?"

He stared deep into her eyes.
"You."

"What, me?"

He nodded seriously.

"Quit joking around Jay."
Kendra felt her heart speed up.

What's he up to this time?