Chapter 22~Return of the queen~

Kendra was just six minutes away from school, when suddenly a black porshe car pulled up close to her.

"Señorita, let me drop you off."
She turned and saw it was Jay. A smile radiated through her face.

Jay yelled.
"Hey! Stop smiling and hop in."
He opened the door from inside, and Kendra went in. Looking at him driving, Kendra thought he looked exceptionally handsome. He was wearing a sky blue sweatshirt that matched his flawless skin. His brown hair, styled into a fringe covering his forehead. His lips suddenly looked fuller and more attractive.

Gosh! I'm lusting after him again.

To distract herself, she started a conversation. Looking for where to begin, she thought to start with a compliment.
"You look good today."

Jay beamed. He couldn't hide his blush.
"Thanks, you're not bad as well."

Kendra chuckled and waved.
"Oh, please!"

"I mean it. First time i'm not seeing you in ripped jeans. What's with the obsession anyway?"

It was only then Kendra noticed she wasn't wearing her usual ripped jean. Although, this was the only not ripped jean in her closet.
Kendra shrugged.
"I like them, they're cute and stylish."

Jay rolled his eyes.
"They're razz..."

Kendra scoffed.
"Ha!
You want me all dolled up in pink then, skimpy skirts and all."

Jay could only laugh, then shook his head.
"I was kidding Kendra. You look good the way you are. Your style, it suits you."

Kendra grinned.
"I thought as much."

Jay pulled over at the parking lot, that contained the cars of other students and teachers as well. Parked next to Jay's car, was a pink sports car blaring loud hip-hop music from it's speakers.

Yes!
The queen was finally back to school after days of royal absence. Next to hers was Melissa's. Since Thelma was the one without a car, she often rode with Melissa as they were supposed to arrive school together.
Jay and Kendra spotted the trio walking towards them so they waited. Thelma waved at them, there was a scowl sitting on Melissa's face and Bella couldn't be more angry. But she managed to fake a smile.
"Hi Jay."

Jay returned her greeting.
"Hi Bella, it's been a while."

Bella could not even hide the glare she was shooting at Kendra. She glared at her for a while, and then winked at Jay. Hoping that Jay got the signal.
Jay being a smart one, got the hint already. So, he told her casually.
"She's my friend. You can say anything in front of her."

Ouch!
That hurt!

Bella did not see that coming. She balled her fists, then took a deep breath.
"Fine, if you want it that way. You see, about what you said last time. Us just being friends...." She took a second to grind her teeth.
"I agree."

She stretched out her hand for a friendly handshake.
"Here's to a healthy friendship with you Jay."

Jay took a quick glance at Kendra before accepting her handshake.
"Alright, we'll leave now. Kendra and I have french class together. See y'all at lunch!" He waved at the others, before walking away with Kendra.

Finally, Bella was able to express her anger.
"Scheming little witch she is! Just some days away from school and she's all over Jay."
She pointed her index finger at Melissa. "You've been slacking off lately. I expect to get information about her, by the end of today. And i don't care if you're breaking in your father's goddamn vault to get it!" With that, she strutted away. Leaving Melissa to wrack her brain.
Thelma on the other hand, felt pity for Kendra. The game was set already. Kendra was going to be the new subject of Bella's torture. Little did she know, that  Kendra was no push over.

A/N: Sorry the chapters are short. Bit of stress lately. But hey, I delivered anyway 😁 Who else is dieing to know what Bella has up her sleeves? Read, vote and comment y'all. I beg of you. I need your response to stay motivated.