Chapter 23~Traitor Cousins~

At the hallway, Thelma was about shutting her locker when her cousin Roy walked up to her. Thelma's mother, and Roy's father were blood siblings and they come from a long line of druids who betrayed their race. Hence their nickname, "Traitors"

Seeing her cousin, Thelma smiled.
"Hey coz, what's good?"

"Don't you think that's my cue? Well what's good Thelma? You've been absent from school?"

Thelma gave a long sigh.
"You know the answer already, don't you? Bella has been sulking after her and Jay.."

Roy shook his head in disbelief.
"Bella is just too much."

Thelma could only giggle.
"But you still love her."

Roy pinched her playfully. She was right. He loved Bella but his feelings for her were unspoken because he knew he and Bella would never work out. He hesitated for a bit, then asked.
"This is new, you wearing a hoodie...I know you love showing off your skin Thelma." He raised his eyebrows.

Thelma shrugged in an attempt to brush off his curiosity
"Thought I'd change my style."

That instant, Roy knew she lied.
"Bella attacked you with her powers again, didn't she?"
Thelma was going to deny, but it was of no use. Roy was a smart one. So she nodded in agreement.
Roy growled in anger.
"What the fuck! We have to be oppressed just because our damned ancestors committed some crime against our race, we have been stripped of our powers but obviously it isn't enough, we're called traitors every fucking time! What the hell do they want from us?" He tugged at his hair in frustration.

Thelma hushed him.
"Roy, people can't hear you! You know this. Keep it down."

Looking around, he noticed people staring at him. He took a deep breath to calm himself.
"Listen Thelma, you have to stop being friends with her. You don't know what she's capable of."

Thelma shook her head.
"I'm afraid i can't do that Roy, I can't.
You know the benefits her friendship brings. Other druids at least, look upon me with respect."

Roy clenched his fists in anger.
"Then, I'll go confront her."

Thelma held him back.
"It's no use Roy, I can manage. Just please keep this away from Dennis and Jay.."

Having no other outlet for his anger, he slammed his fists onto one of the locker doors, and walked away angrily.

~~~
Lunchtime at the cafeteria, Kendra and Mandy sat together as usual. Mandy who had a knack for gossip, squealed suddenly.
"You don't say! Bella said that?"

Kendra nodded as she popped a cherry in her mouth.

Mandy squinted her eyes.
"Hmmm... You think she's sincere?"

Kendra shrugged.
"Jay should be a better judge of that. They've been friends since diaper days."

Some of the students walked past Kendra and Mandy with their food trays, occasionally stopping to say hi. All Kendra could do was stare.
"Did those people just talk to us?"

Mandy smiled.
"You bet! Come on girl, you got down from Lamborghini together with the king of school. One of the perks my girl."

Kendra scoffed. Not like their friendliness was wanted anyway.

Mandy rolled her eyes.
"Awwwn girl, be happy! We're climbing higher in the social ladder."

A/N: We're back, after a whole year!
Words won't do justice
I've been a terrible authoress.
Let's just say, I lost inspo and motivation. But I'm not giving up. I'm fighting it out. Please guys, stay with me. Read, like, comment and also vote. I love y'all!!