Hidden In Plain Sight - IV

16 June

"Keep your eyes on your opponent." Xander said as I grunted, trying to keep myself stable while holding Xander's sword away from me with my own.

"Well, I would, but the fact that my Father's watching me distracts me a bit," I say through gritted teeth, and manage to throw Xander off "And you're going easy, when you know I need more practice."

So, we restart.

Fighting is more like a dance than actual pushing and shoving. It's more like a skill where you gracefully try and hit your opponent. It's taken me a while to learn the steps of the graceful dance of near death, but it has paid out when I'm coming close to beating the youngest knight in the kingdom. Today though, I was just being sloppy. Sloppy as I was getting my anger out on Xander for what he had said to me earlier.

"Why are you pushing yourself so hard today?" Xander asked as I blocked one of his attacks.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" I say as I take a jab at him.

"Katie, come on. You can't just cut me out of your life for yelling at you once, so please, just tell me." Xander says as I push myself harder and harder.

"Can't you just mind your own business for once!" I yell as I lunge at him and knock his sword out of his hand, onto the ground just by my Father's feet.

I give Xander one last glare before sheathing my sword and running back into the Castle to get ready for tonight's ball.

{---------}

I slammed open my door and walked in then slammed my door closed and took off my stuff.

I was so angry at him. At everyone that was preventing me from showing how much I love Jameson.

Alice came in a closed the door quietly as I stripped and got out what I would be wearing to the ball, but as I started to get things like a corset on, she tapped me on the shoulder, making me drop it on my foot, hurting it.

"Dang it, Alice!" I say as I walk over to my bed and pick up the corset on the way there and check to see if my toes were in any way damaged badly.

"What's gotten you so pissed off?" Alice asks me and takes the corset from my bed and turns me around to stick it on.

"Just something Xander did earlier," I say as I suck in a breath as Alice pulls the corset tight "It's nothing big."

"Well, it clearly is if you're slamming doors, it's not nothing," Alice says as she finishes tying up the corset and starts untying my hair "But if you don't want to talk, don't."

I ignored her as I sat there in a huff.

Father then suddenly burst through the doors, an enraged look on his face as he stomped towards me. Alice stood back as he did so. I tried to keep a calm look on my face and got comfy on my bed, getting ready to be told off.

"What on earth was that! To start with, you were sloppy, your posture was terrible throughout the whole thing and lastly, you almost injured the only person that you would let teach you as you tried to deliberately injure the rest of them!" Father said as I tried to finish taking out my hair, then tried to get up during Father's lecture, but he pushed me back down.

"No, you will sit here and wait till I am done talking until you get up." Father tells me.

"Well, would you want me to be late to the ball in which you are saying about how I truly 'need' a husband? Or would you like me to be fashionably late like normal? I wouldn't mind being late as it would mean that I don't have to spend as much time in a room with the person I'm holding a grudge against." I said, a straight face fully intact as I contained the inner emotions I had, that wanted to burst out so easily.