Be My Baby - XV

3rd- 5th September

Time seemed to just tick away in the doctor's office.

It was as if the concept of time hadn't been invented.

And it was unbearable.

Firstly, I felt as if every five minutes I was going to puke so I asked Jameson if we could sit near one of the bins in the waiting room.

Secondly, it felt as if five minutes was an hour and it was still incredibly unbearable every time I looked at my watch and saw that barely anything had changed.

It had just gotten to the point where I was about to give up on the stupid Doctor's appointment and just head home when I heard the name; "Kaitlyn Lysandral?"

The few people that were in the waiting room looked over in shock as they saw me get up to go see an obstetrician with a strange man beside me.

I just ignored them as they had all pretty much figured out why the daughter of the very recently deceased King was in an obstetrician's office just before the whole country shut down for national mourning.

So I giggled slightly when I saw Jameson glare daggers at a couple of women who gasped when they saw the two of us get up to head into the doctor's office.

As we sat down and got comfortable the doctor introduced herself.

"Hi Kaitlyn, I'm Doctor Reid, who do you have with you here today?" Doctor Reid asked as Jameson gripped my hand.

"Jameson. Eh, he's my. . .boyfriend," I say, trailing off slightly as I decide what's best to say in this situation.

"Okay, Hi Jameson. So, what are you here for today?" Doctor Reid questions.

I look down at my feet for a second and give her a tight-lipped smile before replying "We're just looking to see if we could get some bloodwork done to see if I'm pregnant or not," I say quickly to try and get the whole ordeal over and done with.

"Alright then," Doctor Reid says as I look at Jameson and then back at her as she continues to talk, but with a more serious look on her face than before "This seems like a big moment for the both of you, so I can see why you might want to make sure it is totally correct and then you can make a decision from there on what you want to do. Completely understand and I respect your decision."

I let out a sigh that I didn't realise I had been holding as Jameson speaks up.

"Can I ask you something?" Jameson asks her.

"You just did, but okay. Questions are okay here, especially if you are unsure about things, or you're a first-time parent. A lot of the time I learn new stuff too from every mother I help care for," Doctor Reid says as I smile in admiration.

"Okay, thank you. How long will it take to find out the results of the bloodwork after it's done?" Jameson asks as he squeezes my hand as I lean into him slightly.

"Usually one to two days but it won't be more than a week," Doctor Reid says as she gets up and leaves the room, but not before saying "I'm just going to go get a nurse who can get your blood drawn and then sent to be tested."

"Thank you," I say as she smiles and leaves as Jameson strokes my hair while I snuggle into him, a silent agreement of understanding lying between us before we were taken through to another room where my blood was drawn, and then were soon sent home, with a smile, wave and a hug of congratulations for if it turned out that I was pregnant, which I already knew was going to be true.

{----------}

5th September

I hadn't slept at all the last couple of nights and was running on just straight caffeine because of how nervous I was. If I was pregnant either the test was faulty or the voices were wrong. And they're never wrong.

At breakfast though, two days later, I was half awake and I felt as if I hadn't slept for a year and was seriously regretting the all-nighters the last two nights as Xander brought in the post cheerily while I drank my tea.

"Did you stay up all night again?" Jameson asked as Xander stuck down the post in front of me, an eager look on my face as I shifted through the letters in front of me.

"Yes, I did. . ." But I trailed off as I found the letter I had been so worried about.

I ripped it open and scanned through it until I found the bit I had been looking for.

Pregnancy Bloodwork Results: Positive

I grabbed Jameson's arm and the envelope as I began to walk back up to my, well now our, room.

As I walked in with Jameson stumbling behind me he pulled his arm out my grasp, making me turn round to face him.

"Why did you drag me all the way here instead of telling me to meet you here so I could bring my coffee?" Jameson asked as I tried to contain the worry and excitement that was erupting inside of me "If you're not going to answer me I'm going ba-"

"I'm pregnant," I say as I cut Jameson off.

I see so many emotions run through Jameson's face before finally landing on intoxicating excitement as he picks me up and spins me around, I squeal slightly at his actions before finally setting me down.

"I know that you've told me the voices are always right, but are you serious?" Jameson asks.

"Yeah. I am," I say as I show him the letter "Read it for yourself," I sat before giggling slightly as Jameson pulls me close and taking the letter from my hands before reading it.

"Oh, I cannot begin to describe how amazing you are Kaitlyn," Jameson says as he kisses me before this time dragging me back down to the kitchen, snogging me just before we entered and then just sitting quite calmly at where his mug sat on the table before quietly whispering to Xander what I presumed our news was.

When I tell you the cackle I emitted from Xander's face lighting up like a Christmas tree got some strange looks, like I had grown a second head strange.

It was obvious Xander was trying not to say while trying to get permission from both Jameson and I to say it as I cackled at his face, and Jameson just stared innocently into his mug.

I quickly realised that the news was eating Xander from the inside out and if I didn't do anything soon, he looked like he would explode so I nodded at him when he looked at me and then Jameson nodded with an amused look on his face from Xander's face as well.

"KAITLYN'S PREGNANT!" Xander yelled out as around me I heard a couple of whoops of joy from my Mum and Alice as I was brought into a bear hug by Xander before he released me to be kissed by Jameson.

"How far along are you?" Mum asks as I turn to face her and Alice while Jameson wraps his arms around me.

"Well, lets see. . .I found out today and last did it on the second, so I'd say three days," I say sarcastically as Jameson chuckles behind me.

"So that's why you two were so tired," Alice says as she perches herself on the island, in front of where I stood.

"Yeah, and now Kaitlyn needs to be really careful," Jameson says as I giggle from his breath on my neck as I continue his point.

"Because we don't exactly want any miscarriages," I say and then go and refill my cup of tea before turning to my seat, smiling as Jameson brings me in for a kiss before I sit back down.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hi everyone!

So, I know I haven't been on here for a while, but it's been a stressful time for me, and I'm getting back onto this story, so yeah!

Also, for anyone reading this who likes 'Criminal Minds' Doctor Reid was something I only caught while editing this, so yeah, a total afterthought, but yeah, I don't care. And Spencer is a gender-neutral name, so if at some point I decide that we find out Doctor Reid's first name, I'm going to make it Spencer, just because of how the name came about in the idea process.

Okay, see you, bye!

- Rachel

UPDATED; 04/04/2023

WORDS; 1393