Rage is A Monster Inside - VIII

27th June

As we reached the main doors of the Castle, I could do nothing but grab onto Jameson and feel like I never needed to let go. To be honest, it was what I needed at that moment as the rage for Father, and Sybil, built up inside of me and would soon be released on the witch that was my sister.

Jameson then slowly released from the hug as I sniffled and released as well as I feeling I could not describe set in in that moment.

"I'll always love you, you know that right?" I say as that tears start again on both sides.

"I know, and I'll always love you too. Your sister put us in an impossible situation and you chose the best way out, so before you go thinking that this was your fault, it wasn't, and neither was it mine." Jameson said as he took my hands in his.

"On the note of not doing things to ourselves, you are enough, always remember that. I don't want to somehow end up with both of us in a pit of depression, so don't drown in your heartbreak either." I say as we slowly step outside as we say our final 'goodbyes' and 'see you later's' for at least a little while.

"Same to you then about the depression pit, don't drown in it." Jameson says as I laugh at his statement.

Slowly and gently, we say our final goodbyes as a couple with a dance and then a soft kiss at the end, just to make this feel like the end of one of our casual dates. Like it wasn't the end of our relationship.

As I watch Jameson leave, I let the tears flow more freely and then turn, the rage finally reaching boiling point as start to run up to Sybil's room, red in my vision.

{----------}

As I march in and slam the door open, and then close, I spot Alice sitting on Sybil's bed. The rage dulls slightly as I try not to rip Alice's head off, but the rage still ever being present.

"Where's Sybil?" I sharply say to Alice as she turns to where the loud banging of slammed doors came from.

"In Father's study. She asked me to wait here for her so I could help her do her hair." Alice says, a questioning look on her face "Why?"

"I'm going to kill her." I say as the door opens again and Sybil walks through.

"YOU!" I yell, and then lunge at Sybil and then start to punch her a few times before eventually being pulled off by strong arms.

I look around and see Xander holding me back as Alice helps Sybil get up off the floor, while Sybil has a very prominent bleeding nose.

"Let me go." I grunt out at Xander before lunging at Sybil again and trying to strangle her before being pulled off again by Xander, who has a harder grip on me than before knowing how easily I jumped out of his arms to get Sybil again.

"LET ME GO!" I yell out as Xander drags me across the room, further away from my piece of shit sister, while trying to prevent me from committing murder.

"No, no, no, I'm not letting you commit murder on my watch, Why do you want to kill Sybil so badly anyway, I know she takes the piss but-" And at that moment I escaped from Xander's arms and ran across the room to try and kill Sybil again.

I managed to get to her and started punching and kicking her as Xander tried to pull me back, but this time I was stronger before I yelled at Sybil "YOU BITCH!" and then started to full-on punch her again as the attempts to pull me off of Sybil were weakening as the power in Xander was running out.

"You broke up my relationship to get what you wanted! THERE! I DID IT! ARE YOU HAPPY!" I yelled out before I grew tired and just tried to just start hurting Sybil in any way I could, but Sybil had enough energy from the beating I had given her to flip me, so she was the one on top punching me now as Xander tried to help get her off of me as my vision soon became blurry and my mouth soon filling with the coppery taste of blood as I tried to get out from the position I was in.

Slowly, the noises I was hearing things like Alice screaming and Xander trying to get Sybil off of me soo became a dull ringing in my ears. My vision soon became filled with just black dots. It was from there that it all went black and space and time became unknown things for at least a while.

{----------}

I woke up with a start and had a very tight feeling in my chest. I was pushed back down as my eyes squinted to adjust to the lighting in the room, and as I looked around I saw that Sybil had clearly managed to knock me out by the medical attention I was getting, along with Xander taking up his usual position in my room after I've done something like being knocked out, in a chair in the corner, worried.

"Hey." I manage to get out as my throat feels like it's on fire.

Xander rushes over, not making the normal clinking sound like he does when he has armour on. Clearly, someone had forced him to go home and change.

"Hey, Katie. Do you need water or anything?" Xander says as he grabs a cup with a straw in it and I nod, so he brings the cup closer to my face and I drink the water.

"Where are my parents?" I ask, wondering if they even knew about Sybil and I's brawl.

"They've come and gone about every thirty minutes, switching between here and Sybil's room," Xander says as I slowly sit up in bed.

"I'm guessing she told her sob story and now Mother and Father believe her and not me?" I ask, knowing that when not explained by a neutral party, it could seem like anyone's fault.

"No, you're parents got Alice and I to say what we saw and then got Sybil to tell her story. She said you were planning her demise anyway and then took the chance to kill her then. I know you didn't. With what Alice and I said, along with what you're Father knows already, you're both going to be in trouble, but Sybil will be the only one receiving punishment, meanwhile you'll get a hard talking to." Xander said as I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I can see you're very glad about that." He says as I chuckle, finding my voice again so I could reply.

"Yeah. For a long time, Sybil was seen as 'little miss goody-two-shoes' whereas she knocks her sisters out if she has the power to pin them down, and blackmails people on a daily basis." I say, remembering all, the times Sybil had hurt me. The newest one hurting the most.

"What did you mean about Sybil breaking up your relationship?" Xander asked, clearly already having thought up answers but waiting for the definitive one that was correct.

"Sybil caught us earlier. Jameson and I. While we were down at the lake, she wandered down, caught us, started to try and blackmail us, and pushed me into the water, that's why I was wet, and then I said I would tell my Father about my relationship with Jameson, and of course, as predicted, he broke us up." I said while trying to contain the tears.

Xander just hugs me. He hugs me as he knows how much Jameson meant to me, and the fact that was taken away, he could probably only imagine about a tenth of what I feel. The endless sadness. The constant reminder that he isn't there and you're not allowed to see him anymore.

He eventually pulls back and looks me in the eyes before starting to speak.

"Look Katie, now I know you think this is a stupid nickname, but you need things like this now. I stocked up the secret freezer in your room with double chocolate ice cream, as well as getting out all your really comfy clothes to wear. I know you miss him, and I know you're mad at Sybil, but you can't just go punching her, even though you have reason to do so. Just don't fall into a bottomless pit, okay?" Xander says and I look at him, a sad smile gracing itself upon my face.

"Okay." I say and then Father walks into my room.

"Mr Evermore, I think you should go."

UPDATED; 30/12/2022

WORDS; 1438