Let's Hurt Tonight - XXI

1st October

A few days later, I was sitting in one of the lounges, reading quietly with my feet on the couch, my back against Jameson's chest while he read over my shoulder.

"You do know you need to make up with Alice at some point, right?" Jameson said quietly while I turned the page of the book we were reading.

"I know," I reply back, my voice at the same volume.

"You do also know that your Father's birthday will have been in a few weeks as well, right?" He continues to ask.

"I know," I robotically reply as it was sounding like I was starting to read off of a script.

"Okay, just wanted to check," Jameson says before finally, the room went quiet again.

Not for long though, as a few minutes later, the door opened, revealing Alice. She stepped in, not realising I was there, before quickly making her way back to the doorway when she spotted me.

When she was about to reach the door though, Jameson stopped her.

"Alice," He said, which drew her slowly back into the room as he continued, taking my book and putting a bookmark in it while he did so, "Stay. I want you two to talk this out, and I'm not relying on either of you doing it on your own. If you need me in any way, I will be right outside the door, but if you try to step out, I have people watching all windows, and as I said, I'll be outside."

Then swiftly, Jameson stood up, leaving me to fall back onto the couch, before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

The room fell quiet for what felt like hours but was only mere minutes before I soon broke the suffocating silence.

"So..." I say quietly as I sit back up again, readjusting the clothes that had been dishevelled.

"Why'd you shout at me?" Alice says, cutting straight to the point.

"You know what, if you're going to be all bitchy about it, I'll just leave. I'll say I feel sick. You'd do the same," I say quickly before getting up and walking out the door, saying I needed to puke to Jameson as I left, feeling Alice was behind me while doing so, but I ignored her presence. At least for long enough that it didn't bother me for the next few hours.

{----------}

A few hours later, at dinner, when we were all sat around the dining table, it was in an awkward silence as the staff came to and from, eventually leaving us just to eat, and eventually, we would bring them down for them to clean them, but once they had left, no conversations were had at all.

Everyone was quiet.

Even Xander.

And that was most certainly, a miracle.

The awkward silence was broken by Mum, but it was clear by our responses, that she wasn't going to get far, as she received a great deal of grunts from all of us, until Alice made a snide remark.

"I dunno? Why don't you ask the pregnant woman?" Alice said, before taking a sip of her wine while I choked on my water before being patted on the back.

"Alice, what the fuck?" I ask her, infuriated by the fact she couldn't even address me properly.

"Well, you are, aren't you? A pregnant whore?"

With what she said there, it was the last straw, and all I could see was red. I got up, out of my seat, but was soon held back by both Jameson and Xander, while Mum stood in front of Alice, protecting her snide smirk from the rage radiating off of me.

A tried to fight Jameson and Xander as they held me back, but working together, they were too strong and I couldn't fight against both of them, so I resulted in shouting at Alice instead.

"You BITCH! Don't you EVER FUCKING call me that EVER AGAIN!" I yelled out as I was held back, struggling against the grip of Xander and Jameson, before eventually being lifted out of the room by Xander, but not long after though, I heard shouting when we were on the stairs, while Jameson ran up before us, ready to make sure I could get comfy for later.

When we did finally enter another room, it was my study, and this was where I was finally let down.

I turned to face Xander, a disgruntled look on my face as I looked at him.

"Jameson went to go get your pyjamas and I'm going to stay here with you until he comes back and gives them to you, so then I can leave the room, and you can change into them," Xander says as I go to lay down on the couch in my study, leaning my head on one of the armrests, the rest of my body spreading out everywhere else.

"I don't get why she had to say that," I say as Xander goes and sits on one of the study's armchairs.

"What?" He asks.

"The pregnant comments. Like, I know what I said was wrong on all accounts, and I had no right to say it, but she was so insensitive with that comment and everything behind it," I say, feeling tears build up, trying desperately not to cry.

"I don't know what you said to her, but I agree with you on what she said tonight. You've been hurting. I saw the prescription for anti-depressants, anti-anxiety and Xanax. All of that, just to make some trauma go away. She didn't know that," Xander says in a soothing voice, as tears begin to fall, "So, the comment was never going to be right. Especially when you're dealing with someone who for one, is hormonal, and second of all, has to take medicine to help with her mental health," Xander finishes saying as I let out a strangled sob as I try to contain it.

I let the sobs take over my body while I hear the door to my study open and Xander's presence softly leave the room as Jameson came over and got on the other side of me, his back pressed against the back of the couch as he started to spoon me.

My sobs rattled through my body as I heard the small sound of my radio playing, a slightly calming song playing while the sobs wracked through me.

Jameson soon started combing his hands through my hair, and whispering sweet nothings as I tried to calm down from the crying.

"Forget what she thinks, I'll always love you."

"You're a wonderful person, therefore, will be a wonderful mother."

"I'll fight her for you."

I chuckled at the last of the few I could really pick out from what he was saying, knowing that Jameson could barely fight as it is, let alone just winning a fight.

I cried until I felt no more tears come out, and yet the sobs from the hurt I felt were still there.

I did eventually get into my pyjamas, but not before I cried again, this time just into Jameson's shoulder before I finally got into bed, slightly wet eyes taking up a lot of my mental capacity while I tried and failed to sleep.

I knew it was going to be an interesting night.

UPDATED; 21/05/2023

WORDS; 1188