The Truth Comes Out - V

21st June

After a few days of solitude in my secret to the rest of the world, a few days later I told Alice what had happened at the ball. I hypothesised beforehand that she would go crazy, figuring that to start with, I would become pregnant in less than a year and secondly, Father would die.

My hypothesis was - to my little surprise - correct.

"Alice, are you even taking in the fact that Father will die and I have to rule the kingdom in less than a year?" I say a confused look on my face as Alice was smiling, dancing and skipping around my room.

"Yes, but that means that you will marry Jameson yes? I want to be an Aunt and a sister-in-law to Jameson. From what I've met of the men that Father has picked that he would allow you to marry, they are all pompous bloody wankers who don't give two stuffs about that they'd be King Consort with no power of the decisions made in this kingdom. The best idea Father has had was Xander, but he wouldn't want to get rid of what would presumably become your guard of honour." Alice says, plonking down next to me as I sat there, staring into nothingness.

"I didn't know he would've approved of Xander. If so, I would've hatched a plan last month on how I could hide a marriage from the kingdom, while showing a relationship between friends, not lovers. I could start planning now at least though." I reply, turning to Alice with a thankful look on my face.

"Well, Father could see you looked like you would break into anaphylactic shock if you even came close to some of them, so realised, he would need to be a bit more open with his choices. He did though state at the same time that village boys were still out of the question. If you haven't found anyone to marry by the time he passes, then you will be allowed to pick anyone you may wish, but that will be a last resort, and he will turn in his grave." Alice said, a small smile on her face as I got up from my bed, walked over to the desk in the corner and started to plot how I could potentially hide a whole marriage.

"What are you doing now?" She asks from behind me as I sit and think how I would do it.

"Starting to plot how to hide a marriage and fake a supposed real one." I reply, a dead serious look setting itself on my face nicely as I thought.

"Of course you are. Why should I expect no less?" Alice says and walks over to me before continuing with the earlier topic of children "So, have you thought of any baby names yet? You know you will have to start in less than a year."

I groan before turning to look at her. Was Alice serious, in my imagination, I was hoping she was, but in reality, I knew she was being serious, meaning I needed to tell Father about his nearing death date. I really didn't want to.

All of a sudden though, I hear a tapping sound at my window. I look up and see Alice over at my bookcase and looking round to see what the noise was as well, so I was confused as to where the tapping was coming from. I slowly got up and walked over to the door that led to my balcony, just to see small pebbles being thrown at it. I thought it was strange at first to see pebbles being thrown at a door so high up, but when I look down, I could see Jameson lining up his next shot, clearly trying to get my attention and making a small pile of pebbles outside my door.

"What are you doing!?" I shout down to the blonde-haired boy.

"Trying to get your attention! Clearly, it worked!" He shouts back up as I giggle "How are you feeling!?" He asks.

"I'm doing okay, and before you ask, no, I haven't told my Father yet!" I shout back down in reply to his question.

"You know you need to tell him!" Jameson shouts back up as I roll my eyes at his antics.